Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-31-2018, 04:20 PM   #1
Sam Vimes
Sam Vimes began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Books (whole library) not showing in Calibre

Hi all, can someone help please?

I Use an I-Mac (latest OS) and Calibre (latest ed).

Calibre is no longer showing any of my books. The Library still physically exists and the Calibre Library address is OK.

The search bar is empty.

How do I get the books back on screen in Calibre?

Thanks.
Sam Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:47 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have you tried using the "switch library" command and manually choosing the location of your library?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 01:16 PM   #3
Sam Vimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Have you tried using the "switch library" command and manually choosing the location of your library?

Yes, no change, I've tried copying the library to new locations and redirecting the calibre library location to no avail
Old 02-04-2018, 01:17 PM   #4
Sam Vimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post

Yes, no change, I've tried copying the library to new locations and redirecting the calibre library location to no avail
Old 02-04-2018, 01:52 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
What does the summary (Statusbar) at the bottom say for Total ?

Is there a metadata.db in the folder with the Authors folders (AKA Library folder)? How big? (126Kb is a 1 book default/new Library)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 09:54 AM   #6
Sam Vimes

Hi, yes I did that several times and have given up now. Sorry for the delay in responding. I thought I'd get "pinged" when there was a response, rather than have to come back.

Tags
calibre, empty library, library