Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-11-2009, 02:05 AM   #46
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Don't remember if I've mentioned it in this thread, the jetBook is regularly priced at $250 at Bed, Bath & Beyond - but they have a frequent 20%-off coupon that can be applied to bring the price down to $200.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:14 PM   #47
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Wild View Post
Glad they were able to help you! BTW, I know the jetBook comes pre-loaded with a book by Kafka and I thought is was Metamorphasis...am I correct or has the plethera of sake stolen my brain for the night?
hahahaaaa you are absolutely right. but since you can make files and folders of your own on the jetBook i actually deleted the book itself

i read it so many times already i don't have much of an interest for it but i just wanted to test Ectaco's reply rate
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2009, 03:16 PM   #48
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
Hi LuBiB,
I'm happy to hear about the positive outcome of your book-request to Ectaco. Shows that they try, at least. I think that the jetBook was definitely worth the cost, even at the $200 + t/s/h @ BB&B. All I really care about is that I can read my books on it, I enjoy using it, and that using it improves my reading experience - and it fits so well in my purse!

I see that you are located in NY. I lived in Westchester before moving to Greece. Big change!
hey rgeorg! i currently live in manhattan but i'm actually going to greece on vacation in july! and guess what --- my jetBook is coming with me
Old 06-12-2009, 03:24 PM   #49
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post
hahahaaaa you are absolutely right. but since you can make files and folders of your own on the jetBook i actually deleted the book itself

i read it so many times already i don't have much of an interest for it but i just wanted to test Ectaco's reply rate
I dare youto retest...with somethong not on the device already.
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:47 PM   #50
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Where in Greece?

Quote:
hey rgeorg! i currently live in manhattan but i'm actually going to greece on vacation in july! and guess what --- my jetBook is coming with me

Hi LuBiB,
Where in Greece are you going? Most Americans visit around Athens and the near and popular islands (which is very nice to be sure). I live in the second-largest city, Thessaloniki. July is a wonderful month in which to visit Greece, although Athens will be quite hot. We're currently having a very hot June - and July is typically hot and dry.

I'm happy that you and your jetBook are coming to visit!
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 12:36 PM   #51
LuBiB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Wild View Post
I dare youto retest...with somethong not on the device already.
so since Oscar Wilde is one of my favorite authors i asked Ectaco over the weekend for 'The House of Pomegranates' and about 30 minutes ago they sent me an e-mail with the following link:

http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/873

I'm pretty sure this book didn't come pre-loaded but as it stands their reply rate is really impressive
Old 06-15-2009, 12:54 PM   #52
LuBiB
Banned

Quote:

Hi LuBiB,
Where in Greece are you going? Most Americans visit around Athens and the near and popular islands (which is very nice to be sure). I live in the second-largest city, Thessaloniki. July is a wonderful month in which to visit Greece, although Athens will be quite hot. We're currently having a very hot June - and July is typically hot and dry.

I'm happy that you and your jetBook are coming to visit!
Hey rgeorg!

The last time i was in Greece was for an 11 day cruise with my friends to all the islands and landmarks. This time i'm going to Crete for 4 days with my girlfriend to just relax and take it easy

i heard the weather will be hot but i really can't wait!
Old 06-15-2009, 10:28 PM   #53
F1Wild
Addict
F1Wild doesn't litterF1Wild doesn't litter

Device: Paolo-my Kindle2, Blackberry Curve
Quote:
so since Oscar Wilde is one of my favorite authors i asked Ectaco over the weekend for 'The House of Pomegranates' and about 30 minutes ago they sent me an e-mail with the following link:

http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/873

I'm pretty sure this book didn't come pre-loaded but as it stands their reply rate is really impressive
Awesome!
F1Wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:48 AM   #54
rgeorg
Guru

Almost!

Quote:
Hey rgeorg!

The last time i was in Greece was for an 11 day cruise with my friends to all the islands and landmarks. This time i'm going to Crete for 4 days with my girlfriend to just relax and take it easy

i heard the weather will be hot but i really can't wait!
Small world - I was SUPPOSED to also be in Crete from 5-11 July for a school conference! But I backed-out because of a personal schedule conflict, so no chance of meeting I suppose. It should be hot, but with so much sea-side in Crete you'll be comfortable - and the food/wine is terrific. Try to visit the Minoan ruins in Iraklion and the museum. Worth the effort!

I hope that you enjoy your visit!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #55
LuBiB
Banned

Quote:
Small world - I was SUPPOSED to also be in Crete from 5-11 July for a school conference! But I backed-out because of a personal schedule conflict, so no chance of meeting I suppose. It should be hot, but with so much sea-side in Crete you'll be comfortable - and the food/wine is terrific. Try to visit the Minoan ruins in Iraklion and the museum. Worth the effort!

I hope that you enjoy your visit!
thanks so much! I'll definitely let you know how everything goes!
Old 06-21-2009, 04:01 PM   #56
scrabble
scrabble began at the beginning.

Device: none
The white Jetbook is now $170 on Newegg, the black is still $200.
scrabble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:29 PM   #57
dezufnoC
dezufnoC began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Jetbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrabble View Post
The white Jetbook is now $170 on Newegg, the black is still $200.
The absolute best reason to buy a Jetbook right now!

My wife owns the Jetbook and she is quite happy with it. She loves reading classics so the DRM issue is not really valid in my house. I've spent $170 on a lot worse so for that price you have to go for it.
dezufnoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 07:34 AM   #58
zormal
zormal began at the beginning.

Device: EZReader Pocket Pro
Jetbook looks like a solid device. Especially at that price.

Has anybody stumbled upon any special offers that would be valid in Europe?
I'm afraid Fry's and Newegg don't offer international shipping.
zormal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:21 AM   #59
rgeorg
Guru

One person not in the US - I think in Indonesia? - had one shipped from ebay at a good price. You could try that... I wish Ectaco would reduce their European price - it is so higher than the US price (latest being $160 with the B&B discount coupon vs. 300 euros which is apx $420). I'd recommend it to my friends here if only I knew that it wasn't so expensive, basically the same price as a netbook.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:58 AM   #60
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zormal View Post
Jetbook looks like a solid device. Especially at that price.

Has anybody stumbled upon any special offers that would be valid in Europe?
I'm afraid Fry's and Newegg don't offer international shipping.
I ended up getting the Jetbook. Very pleased with it. Probably the easiest way would be to have someone as a contact in the US. That's what I did. Shipping was free to that person and then they sent it on to me in Japan. Shipping was about $15 after he gutted the package (it's a little oversized)
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote