Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-21-2009, 07:21 AM   #1
rainbowworrier
Frazzled
rainbowworrier began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 603
Where to buy Hanlin V3 in UK?

Hello all,

Thanks to this friendly and informative forumhttps://www.mobileread.com/forums/images/smiliesadd1/2thumbsup.gif I keen to buy a Hanlin V3 version 1 because it's got:

6" screen
replaceable battery
lots of supported formats
lots of supported languages.

That's the first lot of hard thinking done. Now, where do you suggest I buy from and which brand name should I look for? I am confused by all the rebranding and the wildly differing prices from distributor to distributor.

Bearing in mind that this is a new technical area for me (though I know a bit about computers), I may have to ask Technical Support a few questions before I've entirely got the hang of it.

Once again, many thanks for your help. Even though I've never actually read an ebook I have got a lot from taking part here!
rainbowworrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 07:59 AM   #2
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
The "official" dealer for Europe is BeBook, so that'd probably be a good bet.

You could also order directly from Jinke, but I think it'll turn out to be more expensive.
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:33 PM   #3
rainbowworrier
Frazzled

That's what I was thinking. I'll do the 25 Euro discount thing too.

I could shave a bit more off the price on eBay, but then I'm not sure how I would stand with technical support.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:41 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Blackwell's has announced that they will be selling the BeBook starting this week, see Blackwell launches the BeBook along with e-book store.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:58 PM   #5
rainbowworrier
Frazzled

Rock 'n Roll! Blackwell are my totally favourite booksellers for paper books! They do foreign language stuff and act like it's totally normal for people to want to buy the Lord of the Rings in Russian!

Well I am DEFINITELY buying a BeBook. I just have to torture my husband into agreeing to buy me one for Christmas.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:35 AM   #6
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Pixelar.co.uk Cheaper than the BeBook and you can always download and install the BeBook version of the firmware.

(BTW, I have a slightly used one on sale in the Flea Market forum for 150 EUR that I bought at Pixelar)
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote