Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-16-2022, 05:49 AM   #1
tlf
tlf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Remember category browser view [macOS]

Every time I launch Calibre, I need to expand the "Tags" category in the left column.

Is there a way to make this persist somehow?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 10.45.08 a.m. Medium.png
Views:	85
Size:	570.4 KB
ID:	193843  
tlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 06:33 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
When calibre is started on Windows and Linux Mint the last exit state of the optional panels is restored - search bar, tag (category) browser, book details, list or grid, cover browser and quick view.

Surprised to hear that's not happening on MacOS.

Which versions of calibre and MacOS?

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 08:51 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It most definitely does happen on macOS as well. I think the OP is referring to the expanded state of the tree in the tag browser panel not the panel itself.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 06:41 AM   #4
tlf
tlf began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It most definitely does happen on macOS as well. I think the OP is referring to the expanded state of the tree in the tag browser panel not the panel itself.
That's right, I'd like to preserve the expanded state rather than do it manually each time. Could it become possible in a future release maybe?
tlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 06:55 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Its technically possible but I dont think its worth the effort. Maybe if more people request it.
Old 05-17-2022, 07:52 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If it happens then it should be optional. I wouldn't want it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 08:18 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
If it happens then it should be optional. I wouldn't want it.
Yes, it would be optional, defaulting to off. I definitely expect to have the tree restored to default state on restart.
Old 05-17-2022, 07:05 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
While we're on the subject of what should be restored at startup, I'd would like to have an option to restore a saved state rather than what I had at last shutdown - e.g.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-05-18 083110.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	193863

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 05-17-2022 at 10:37 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote