Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-09-2022, 04:45 PM   #196
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thanks. Anything in particular that I'm looking for?
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 05:19 PM   #197
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Here are the proper betas. Use these to test.

One is the combined and one is the Tex Max.
Attached Files
File Type: zip JSWolfBetaHyphenUS-EN-TexMax.zip (21.7 KB, 120 views)
File Type: zip JSWolfBetaHyphenUS-EN-Combined.zip (105.2 KB, 123 views)
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2022, 05:20 PM   #198
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha View Post
Thanks. Anything in particular that I'm looking for?
I've posted the final beta versions. What you are looking for are lines that you think are missing hyphens.
Old 06-09-2022, 09:58 PM   #199
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
I am trying to include in the patch Jon's hyphenation dictionary in the latest fw patch, and I have this in my kobopatch.yaml at the end:

Code:
## ADDITIONAL FILES ##
# Uncomment the following to add additional files to the tgz (like init scripts or hyphen dicts)
# The files will be root-owned, and world readable, writable, and executable (0777)
# files:
#    D:\Ereader files\Hyphenated dictionary/hyphenDicts/hyph_en.dic: usr/local/Kobo/hyphenDicts/hyph_en.dic
nothing after that. and the directory is correct.

However, after running the bat and producing the patch tgz, it seems the dictionary is not included in the tgz. Is what I did wrong?
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 10:02 PM   #200
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
You need to remove the # in the line with the filepaths this is known as uncommenting, anything with a # before it is ignored as a coders comment on the following code. Well usually, there are cases where coders write whole stories that have nothing to do with the code which decades later results in multi million dollar corporations being uncertain about what certain bits of code do.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2022, 10:10 PM   #201
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
You need to remove the # in the line with the filepaths this is known as uncommenting, anything with a # before it is ignored as a coders comment on the following code. Well usually, there are cases where coders write whole stories that have nothing to do with the code which decades later results in multi million dollar corporations being uncertain about what certain bits of code do.
i tried this but patcher doesn't run:

Code:
## ADDITIONAL FILES ##
  Uncomment the following to add additional files to the tgz (like init scripts or hyphen dicts)
  The files will be root-owned, and world readable, writable, and executable (0777)
  files:
    D:\EPUBS\Hyphenated dictionary/hyphenDicts/hyph_en.dic: usr/local/Kobo/hyphenDicts/hyph_en.dic
Edit: i seem to get it now. The spaces messed me up.

Last edited by Deobulakenyo; 06-09-2022 at 10:23 PM.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 04:11 AM   #202
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

These are my last two lines in my kobopatch.yaml file.

Code:
files:
  C:\Download\Kobo\Hyphenation/hyphenDicts/hyph_en.dic: usr/local/Kobo/hyphenDicts/hyph_en.dic
Old 06-10-2022, 04:12 AM   #203
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Here are the proper betas. Use these to test.

One is the combined and one is the Tex Max.
If anyone finds any problems or tries both betas and finds one better then the other, please let me know. Thanks.
Old 07-10-2022, 11:16 PM   #204
allanahk
Connoisseur
allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.allanahk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
THANK YOU for the English hyphenation dictionary! I was getting so frustrated at the large gaps between words and infrequent hyphenation using the standard settings (and I wasn't about to start using left justification - yuck). This makes it 100x better
allanahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2022, 03:32 PM   #205
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanahk View Post
THANK YOU for the English hyphenation dictionary! I was getting so frustrated at the large gaps between words and infrequent hyphenation using the standard settings (and I wasn't about to start using left justification - yuck). This makes it 100x better
Your very welcome. Happy to help. I started off doing it for me because I didn't like the way it was from Kobo.
Old 08-30-2022, 07:04 PM   #206
jeff47
Connoisseur
jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!jeff47 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Kobo Libre H20
How would I go about uninstalling this? I find it hyphenates too frequently for my taste, but I appreciate the effort!
jeff47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 12:17 PM   #207
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff47 View Post
How would I go about uninstalling this? I find it hyphenates too frequently for my taste, but I appreciate the effort!
You can reflash the firmware for your device and it will overwrite the hyphenation dictionary with the stock one.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 02:49 PM   #208
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff47 View Post
Would you rather I create a new version for you that hyphenates less but still more then the stock Kobo hyphenation dictionary?
Old 09-10-2022, 01:29 AM   #209
johnydon3
Enthusiast
johnydon3 began at the beginning.

Device: Clara HD, Nook Glowlight Plus (2015), Kindle 4, x2 Kindle Basic 10gen
Unhappy

Can you make a hyphenation dictionary for Spanish, please?
johnydon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 04:12 PM   #210
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnydon3 View Post
Can you make a hyphenation dictionary for Spanish, please?
I can if someone (you, me, or someone else) can find an appropriate hyphenation dictionary for Spanish.