Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-23-2022, 07:36 AM   #1
dennybonka
dennybonka began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Cross compiling issues.

Hello everyone!

I'm Dennis from Sweden.

I'm trying to add Swedish keylayout to Qtfrotz, A text adventure engine.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=2711142

Said and done. It works on my X11 desktop.
Then I tried the cross compiling...

I found the docker image for cross compiling:
https://github.com/pgaskin/NickelTC
And pulling it:

docker pull ghcr.io/pgaskin/nickeltc:1
Running:
docker run --rm -w /mnt -v "$(pwd):/mnt" -it 671eeb8d3594

and then run qmake,

and then make.

Seems to work. But I get a error when running it on the Kobo:

./QtFrotz
This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "xcb".

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Aborted

Do you have any hints what this means? I guess this lib is not available on the kobo libra 2. Can I add some flag to exclude to depend on this lib?

Thanks for any hints.

Allt the best,
dennybonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 04:34 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You need a QPA to build a standard Qt application. The stock one is *not* usable as such.

The sanest choice right now is probably the one from UMR, but I have no idea how solid the Libra 2 support is.

TL;DR: Don't expect a plug'n play experience, you'll need a solid Qt5/embedded/x-compilation background in order not to run around in circles like a headless chicken.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 07:30 AM   #3
dennybonka
dennybonka began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hello buddy! Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I've been working as a embedded Linux guy for a while, so I'm not new to the concept, but I have not worked with QT before.

I will check it out, thanks!
dennybonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 06:20 PM   #4
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Out of interest, I tried seeing what I could do with the Kobo QPA this weekend. Answer: not a lot...

Couple of problems, first, it seems the QPA doesn't automatically load the fonts, so by default you get lots of squares instead of characters. Looking at what libnickel does, this might not be too difficult to resolve.

The bigger issue (and always has been) is the way touch is (not) handled. Touch is handled via a separate plugin (libkevdevtouch.so), and while it should be setup in the QPA, it's not. It appears that libnickel is in charge of setting it up as well.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote