Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-16-2017, 02:44 PM   #1
alnat
alnat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Exclamation Calibre doesn't see my Kindle

After updating to Calibre 3.12, the system (windows 7 pro) has been restarted with my Kindle connected in a usb port. At the restart Windows has installed a driver for my Kindle device and Calibre no more recognize it. Now the Kindle name is "Kindle Internal Storage SCSI Disk Device" instead "Amazon Kindle". Any idea on what's happened? (The device is connected and readible with explorer)
alnat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:53 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
W10 pro (latest)
I also noted WINDOWS ISSUES if I reboot with a Kindle 4 device attached.
Rebooting, WITHOUT, seems to have cleared this up
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2017, 06:50 AM   #3
alnat

Cool Kindle not recognized

Many thanks for your answer.
Computer rebooted without device, but the problem not fixed. If I change USB port in the hub for USB 2.0 it's all right, but if I use hub for USB 3.0 (where the device was connected when problem is happened) Windows "remembers" the past choice (and its driver) and continues to see the device as an internal disk. I try to connect an other identic Kindle at the same port and the device is recognized correctly. Windows has bad "memory" only for my device (even if I restored it to the factory default settings).
A very strange problem I think.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:47 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I think that is expected behaviour, but, not something that most people notice. You should be able to fix this with USBDeview. Run that and uninstall all the references to Kindle devices. I don't know if rebooting is needed, but I would. After that, it should be OK.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 05:59 PM   #5
alnat

Thank you for the answer. I'll try Deusbdeview and then I'll tell you the result
Advert