Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-14-2017, 07:36 AM   #1
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
calibre-server: some logging thoughts ...

Today I started my first encounter with the new calibre server: it is really a nice job and works well for my limited humble usage purposes Nice job!

I noticed that there is some logging which can be obtained via configuration. I just wondered whether the following thoughts possibly could improve its usage:
  1. a "clear" function to empty the log-file(s);
  2. a log-file "max size" setting, after which the logs just "roll-over";
  3. a choice to place the logs in some non-default location;
  4. the possibility to see real-time logging (similar to unix tail -f);

Just my 2cts which might improve an already fine function further
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 02:23 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The log files are auto-rotated and there is already a setting int he advanced section to control the max size. You want to tail- f it, just open the folder where the files are tail -f them -- although I dont know if that will work in windows with its mandatory file locking.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert