Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-08-2016, 05:53 AM   #1
Bermudagirl
Connoisseur
Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Connecting to Kybooks

Hello.
I hope someone might be able to help me.
I have just started using Kybooks, and want to transfer books to it from my Calibre library. Using Calibre's Content Server, I can access my library via Chrome and Safari on my iPad, but not through the app's in built web browser. If I use Chrome or Safari to transfer books, I have to select which app to open the book with and then of course the app opens, which is very time consuming. However I assume if I was able to access the library via Kybook's inbuilt web browser, the books would automatically go into the app which is what I want. Can anyone suggest why I can't access my library through the in built web browser?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Bermudagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:05 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Can you access this site, GMail, NYT... Google Search etc via the Kybooks inbuilt web browser. I have a couple of tools that incorporate built in browsers, but I can only access designated sites.

If you can access "The Public Internet" then... should be possible to access your content server. Could it be that you have to access via domain name rather than a raw IP address and port number.

Have you asked the Kybooks folks.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2016, 10:07 AM   #3
Bermudagirl
Connoisseur
Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Bermudagirl can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: iPad Mini 4
No I can't access anything at all using the built in browser. I have asked Kybooks, but I am not sure if (and when) I will get a reply. That's why I thought I would ask here as well.
Bermudagirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, ipad, kybook