Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-14-2016, 09:01 AM   #1
Leonatus
Fanatic
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Version 2.70: all plugins vanished

My engine is Windows 32 bit. After updating Calibre to 2.70, not only the appearance of the GUI has changed (to list view instead of cover view), but also all the plugins have vanished. When going to "Settings"->"improve Calibre by Plugins", however, the plugins still appear as installed.
Thus, I suppose that they have only vanished from the GUI, but "materially" they are still present.
But how do I get them back?

*Edit*: resolved; I had to push them to the GUI once more, via "symbol bar".

Last edited by Leonatus; 10-14-2016 at 09:09 AM.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2016, 09:31 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab 2(RIP)
By 'Vanish", do you mean the toolbar Icons are missing?

Do you have a Device attached? Toolbars change with and without device. You must 'attach' icons to both, if that is what you want (and appropriate).

Preferences: Toolbars: (Pulldown) <choose bar>

BTW No 2.70 toolbar issue on W10 x64
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 10:51 AM   #3
Leonatus
Fanatic
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
I did as you suggested - Problem is solved.
I'm just looking to see what the update will do on my second computer. It takes some time, as a Windows upgrade is running right now.
Thank yiou for your helpfulness, in the mean time!
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 01:37 PM   #4
JavierFernandez
JavierFernandez began at the beginning.

Device: Acuaris M5
The same is happening to me. I cannot see the icons of the plugins I have installed, and I have no idea of how to get them back. What do you mean by
"push them to the GUI once more, via "symbol bar"."????
JavierFernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 04:44 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierFernandez View Post
The same is happening to me. I cannot see the icons of the plugins I have installed, and I have no idea of how to get them back. What do you mean by
"push them to the GUI once more, via "symbol bar"."????
Use Preferences->Toolbars->The main toolbar to add the action options (from left hand list to right hand list) and Green Arrows to position them in the right hand list

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 10-17-2016 at 03:11 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert