Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-23-2017, 09:33 AM   #1
HowardBrazee
Zealot
HowardBrazee began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Fixing an epub

I bought an .azw3 book book and loaded it to Calibre. I converted it to .epub and loaded it to a bunch of e-readers on my phone and pad. But it failed to be processed with Google books. When I tested it with https://www.ebookit.com/tools/bp/Bo/...epub-validator, I found lots of errors. Lots. I don't have the expertise to fix them in Sigil. How do I give feedback to whomever should know what the problem is?
HowardBrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 09:42 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is nothing to be done here. Just use a different reading program. epubcheck errors are irrelevant to whether a book works in any given reading program or not. Google books is notorious for being a particularly fragile epub reading program and since there is no way to get diagnostics as to what it does not like about a particular book, there is no way for calibre to add worksournds for things it does not like.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote