Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 03:13 AM   #1
stirdawg24
stirdawg24 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Trouble installing Cabibre

I am trying to install Calibre on my windows. After downloading Calibre for windows and attempting to run/install it, I receive the following message:

"This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks!
stirdawg24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:17 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirdawg24 View Post
I am trying to install Calibre on my windows. After downloading Calibre for windows and attempting to run/install it, I receive the following message:

"This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks!
From the Calibre Help FAQ
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2011, 03:56 AM   #3
stirdawg24

ok, thanks! i'll try to troubleshoot with the methods they suggest in the FAQs
Old 11-19-2011, 03:59 AM   #4
stirdawg24

Calibre portable works! very excited as this opens up a whole new world for me.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:38 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Note that the error you got for the standard Calibre installation suggests that you got a corrupted download.

Having said that if the Calibre Portable variant meets your need there is no reason to not go with it as from a functional point of view it is no different to the standard install other than the fact it assumes a particular folder layout at startup.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert