Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-18-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Old Man's War series

I just finished the free, Tor copy of "Old Man's War" and liked it very much. I am now trying to find the other four in the series. I have found three of them in Mobipocket format with DRM. Not only do I not want to support DRM-infested ebooks, but the price for the Mobi versions is twice what the paperback costs. Further searching turned up "The Ghost Brigade" at Pan-MacMillan in epub, but not the other books. From what I have read here, these epubs are DRM-free?

Does anyone know where I can get all four of the remaining series, preferably DRM-free? If I have to go Mobi or Lit and strip the DRM, I can do that, but I don't want to pay double what the paperback costs.

A friend of mine has the entire series in paperback and will lend them to me, but I actually would rather buy the ebooks.
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
KindleDude
Connoisseur
KindleDude doesn't litterKindleDude doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
This doesn't answer your non-DRM request, but the series is available from Amazon in Kindle editions.
KindleDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2009, 10:44 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KindleDude View Post
This doesn't answer your non-DRM request, but the series is available from Amazon in Kindle editions.
Still doesn't help as The Ghost Brigades is in Topaz format. Doesn't even help Kindle owners.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 10:45 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
Further searching turned up "The Ghost Brigade" at Pan-MacMillan in epub, but not the other books. From what I have read here, these epubs are DRM-free?
Yes, "The Ghost Brigade" is DRM-free.

The others seem to only be available as Secure MOBI ebooks. FictionWise currently has a 30% micropay rebate on science fiction.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote