Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-21-2017, 01:15 PM   #1
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Change refresh on Aura One

An old thread talked about changing the number of refresh in Kobo eReader.conf by changing the value of variable numPartialUpdatePageTurns from (1-6) to 90

I'm on version 4.3.9084 and there is no numPartialUpdatePageTurns. There is pageTurningOption=option2 , but I can't find option 2 to change it to a number. Can anyone solve this for me - that black screen every 6 pages is distracting.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:22 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Try changing the option to a value other than 6. This should add the key to the conf file after which you can edit it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2017, 01:28 PM   #3
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Try changing the option to a value other than 6. This should add the key to the conf file after which you can edit it.

Thanks so much! Never would have thought to try that. Worked great. I don't know what I'd do without such kind folks on MobileRead.

Last thing to fix (pretty sure impossible without adding a different reader) is to page forward from either side of the screen.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:52 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
You can configure it so a tap is needed on one side and a swipe on the other side to page forward

PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:35 PM   #5
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
You can configure it so a tap is needed on one side and a swipe on the other side to page forward

Thanks, that is how I have it. I just like to tap on both sides to go forward, depending on which hand is holding it. I expect I'll get used to the difference between it and my Android tablet sooner or later.
Advert