Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-15-2017, 07:10 AM   #1
xpirad
xpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: kobo aura one
Is it possible to install android on aura one?

I found the origin system buggy and often irresponsive,so i want to try android.

I looked for it and it seems possible to install android on glo and touch,but what about aura one?

Any help would be appreciated!
xpirad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 01:34 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpirad View Post
I found the origin system buggy and often irresponsive,so i want to try android.

I looked for it and it seems possible to install android on glo and touch,but what about aura one?

Any help would be appreciated!
It might be possible but I would not advise trying it. The Aura One has fixed internal storage so if it gets bricked, there is no "remove the internal storage and copy an image to it" recovery.

As for Android itself, modifying the install for the Aura One's eInk display and capacitive touchscreen is going to require some effort especially if you want to run a newer version of Android.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2017, 01:40 AM   #3
xpirad
xpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the endxpirad knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: kobo aura one
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
It might be possible but I would not advise trying it. The Aura One has fixed internal storage so if it gets bricked, there is no "remove the internal storage and copy an image to it" recovery.

As for Android itself, modifying the install for the Aura One's eInk display and capacitive touchscreen is going to require some effort especially if you want to run a newer version of Android.
Thank you David.
Well then,i think i have to bear it until kobo put some effort into fixing those bugs.
xpirad is offline   Reply With Quote