Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 04-14-2013, 08:43 PM   #31
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by barutanseijin View Post
Notepad is a decent tool. It does its job and stays out of the way. If i had to use Windows & couldn't install cygwin (like at work), i might very well use Notepad to write my TeX & LaTeX docs. I hate writing with word processors.

I haven't tried it yet, but i imagine it would be relatively simple to convert my tiny bits of prose poetry into epub docs via tex4ht & convert from html.
Notepad obviously has to be there ... but there are lots better tools available, even on Windows, for text editing.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:09 PM   #32
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
If I am not doing serous writing (i.e. reports, documentation, etc stuff that will always be in .docx files and sent to SharePoint at work), then I use NotePad++ on Windows.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
epub creation, google ebooks, smashwords