Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 02-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
heySkippy
Groupie
heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Would someone with an iPad look at my book and give feedback?

I started this thing as an experiment with Apple's iBooks Author software and it's taken on a life of its own. After spending a month with it I think I'm ready for some perspective from others.

The story. A couple years ago I walked from Key Largo to Key West. 100 miles. I took a lot of pictures and blogged about it during the walk. It was fun and scenic, yadda yadda.

Anyway, I started with the blog, added more pictures and descriptions, and out came this book. It's got over 200 pictures in 9 slideshow albums with a blurb accompanying each. There's a map (which I had hoped to be interactive, but sadly isn't yet) and a 9 minute movie and some assorted stuff at the end.

I know I'm not much of a writer. Sometime soon I'm going give it to someone who knows English more better than me ( ) to clean it up a bit. I intended for the tone to be chatty and brief. It's mostly about the pictures.

My vision was to create an ebook version of a coffee table book. I would like the opinion of anyone who cares to offer it regarding my success or failure towards this goal. I am particularly interested in how a first-timer finds the navigation and overall layout. I have an original iPad so would like to know that it looks good on an iPad2 as well.

Your iPad needs to be running iBooks2. This book only works with an iPad, so please save me the bandwidth and don't download if you don't have one.

340 megabytes - I don't know any way to load it on an iPad except though iTunes. I won't be able to provide any tech support. Sorry.

[Link removed - MODERATOR]

Thanks in advance for any input. I've been staring at it for weeks now so my perspective is kinda influenced.

m'kay, PM me for the link.

Last edited by heySkippy; 02-18-2012 at 04:16 PM.
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #2
wraylewis
Enthusiast
wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wraylewis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad and Kindle
When I do an epub and want to preview it on my iPad, I email it to myself, open the email on the iPad itself, and when I touch the icon showing the attachement, select "open in iBooks".

So, if you can email this to someone with an iPad (VERY big file) that would work.
wraylewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #3
heySkippy
Groupie
heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.heySkippy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thanks, I'll give that a try.
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote