Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-25-2011, 07:15 AM   #1
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Future Shop Sale: $179.99 Till Dec 1

Since I got mine (2 actually) at Best Buy, and they have a 30-day price guarantee, I can get the difference X 2 plus 10% back. Unless it falls under "wireless device" below.

Either prior to purchase or within 30 days of purchase (14 days for computers, monitors, printers, notebook computers, camcorders, digital cameras, radar detectors, cellular and wireless devices, portable DVD players, and air conditioners) should you find a lower advertised price, including those on the internet from an authorized Canadian Dealer, we will match that price and beat it by giving you an additional 10% of the difference.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:54 AM   #2
spikexp
Connoisseur
spikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura aboutspikexp has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Vox
I will go tonight to get the price difference.
spikexp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2011, 08:48 AM   #3
easterncoyote
Zealot
easterncoyote began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
Since I got mine (2 actually) at Best Buy, and they have a 30-day price guarantee, I can get the difference X 2 plus 10% back. Unless it falls under "wireless device" below.

Either prior to purchase or within 30 days of purchase (14 days for computers, monitors, printers, notebook computers, camcorders, digital cameras, radar detectors, cellular and wireless devices, portable DVD players, and air conditioners) should you find a lower advertised price, including those on the internet from an authorized Canadian Dealer, we will match that price and beat it by giving you an additional 10% of the difference.
I believe the 10% additional discount only applies to prices advertised at other stores, not products you purchased at Best Buy. They will refund you the price difference though.
easterncoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:50 AM   #4
LauraPony
Zealot
LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LauraPony ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kobo Vox
I am trying to remember when I bought my Vox. Was the first day they were available from Future Shop less than 30 days ago? Also, how is this affected if my Vox came with a $20 Kobo card? Hmmmm....
LauraPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:59 AM   #5
easterncoyote
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraPony View Post
I am trying to remember when I bought my Vox. Was the first day they were available from Future Shop less than 30 days ago? Also, how is this affected if my Vox came with a $20 Kobo card? Hmmmm....
Hi LauraPony, I got a $10 gift card when I bought the Vox. I think the way they do it is actually ringing in the Vox at the price minus the gift card. So, if you bought it at $199, they would show the price as $179, and add the $20 card on top of that. Long story short, I don't think you will get the price difference, since technically, you actually bought the Vox for $179.
Advert
Old 11-25-2011, 09:17 AM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
When I bought mine at Future Shop, they rang up the Vox at full price, rang in a $10 gift card, and then the till did a $10 credit for the card.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:25 AM   #7
hieronymos
Groupie
hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.

I bought it in the eReader section, does that make it a computer? I initially went to the tablet section and asked there and he was like... "??? thats an ereader man..."

Last edited by hieronymos; 11-25-2011 at 09:35 AM.
hieronymos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 09:33 AM   #8
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You would think so. The lowest price guarantee on their website link shows a blank page for me right now, but the Google cache shows any advertised price, so that should include their own.

Get it for less. Guaranteed™.
We will beat any advertised price by 10% of the difference.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:33 AM   #9
hieronymos
Groupie
hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.

Hmm... they don't match their prices like they match others: "If our own price is reduced in the last 30 days*: We will refund you the difference between the purchase price and the current price."
But, if it includes tax, it's alright :-)
Old 11-25-2011, 11:17 AM   #10
easterncoyote
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hieronymos View Post
Hmm... they don't match their prices like they match others: "If our own price is reduced in the last 30 days*: We will refund you the difference between the purchase price and the current price."
But, if it includes tax, it's alright :-)
It will include tax. It's quite a good offer, really; it also preempts people from returning the device, and buying a new one at the lower price, which would leave them with an open box unit to sell at a discount.
Old 11-25-2011, 11:24 AM   #11
hieronymos
Groupie

Thanks :-) The Kobo is actually my first in-store electronics purchase I did in my whole life (usually I'm the guy who gets your returned open box) so I'm not really used to returns, price guarantees, bla bla
Old 11-25-2011, 11:48 AM   #12
dmacmart
Fanatic

So Best Buy is like a zoo, a mini-boxing day today. Apparently they weren't expecting that. They put two more people on the service desk to move the line and I was able to get the refund of $22 (20 plus 10%). For each reader.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #13
markT4
Enthusiast
markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.markT4 is the One.

Device: none
Just bought one from futureshop online and should arrive in a week- I was to lazy to go to the futureshop a kilometer away . It better not suck Kobo .
markT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #14
Annibronte
Enthusiast
Annibronte has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3,Kobo Vox
I bought mine October 28, so hello $22!
Annibronte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:44 PM   #15
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
Bought mine October 29 and got $22.60 back today! Cool that makes it cheaper than the firesale Playbook too. Not sure Kobo is making much money at $179 either but at least Kobo makes money in the bookstore.
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote