Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-29-2011, 12:34 PM   #1
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox
Issue when unplugged

Hi all

First of all I wanna say that despite what a lot of people here think I actually love my Kobo Vox so far, the screen is awesome, love the lime green siding and its nice to sit and read on. Sure its not the fastest thing in the world but I expected that.

Now to my issue. When its plugged in it works fine no issues at all, but when I unplug it strange things start to happen, it "touches" the screen itself... I know this sounds a bit crazy, but when unplugged it's like someone is constantly tapping the top just right of the center. Its is very easy to see when I open a book as the Menu will keep opening and closing, and when I go on the App page the third app in the top row will open straight away.

Called Kobo support and they suggested I did a factory reset, but that only helped for half and hour then it came back (after it had been plugged in the wall again). Have a feeling there is something wrong with the screen maybe, just weird that it only happens when its unplugged.

Luckily I bought it at BestBuy so I will take it back today and get a new one (they already have one put aside for me ).

Anyone else had an issue like this?
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:28 PM   #2
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox
update

Just got back from BestBuy with a new kobo and there seems to be no problems with this looks like i got a lemon last time.
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert