Old 08-23-2011, 12:40 AM   #1
Bertrand
Zealot
Bertrand began at the beginning.

Device: None
Composite column or not ?

Hi,

Here's what I'm trying to do :

- If a book has the tag 'mytag' => rating column = 1 automatically.

Is it possible ?

I tried with a composite column, and used the example found in the sticky post
{formats:contains(EPUB, Yes,)}
modified to
{tags:contains(mytag, Yes,)}
It works, but instead of 'yes', I would like to display 1 star.

I don't even know if I need a composite column.
Can it be accomplished with the native column 'Rating' ?

Thanks.

(I'm not quite a novice in programmation, but I must say I 'm having a hard time with the template language :-)
Bertrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:44 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I'd try having a look at what the general program mode for templates can accomplish. If you can do it anywhere, you can do it there.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2011, 11:48 AM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
I don't even know if I need a composite column.
Can it be accomplished with the native column 'Rating' ?
You can't do it in the native column. (As soon as I say that, someone will probably correct me, most likely Charles ) You need a composite column to build the content from another column (tags). I'm pretty sure composite columns aren't designed to do star rating displays, but I'll be interested to see Charles' comments.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:27 AM   #4
Bertrand
Zealot
Bertrand began at the beginning.

Device: None
Ok, maybe I should play with something less complex :-)

Thanks, guys.
Bertrand is offline   Reply With Quote