Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-03-2010, 12:21 PM   #1
zebedee
zebedee began at the beginning.

Device: ADE
Wink Help with resolving error messages?

Hi
Can anyone guide me on how to resolve the following errors epubchecker has found? I've not come across these before.

# WARNING: Publishing Scotland Yearbook 2011.epub/OEBPS/Publishing_Industry.xhtml(7645): use of non-registered URI schema type in href: file:www.chapman-pub.co.uk
# ERROR: Publishing Scotland Yearbook 2011.epub/OEBPS/Contents.xhtml(44): 'anchor-anchor': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Publishing_Industry.xhtml'
# ERROR: Publishing Scotland Yearbook 2011.epub/OEBPS/Contents.xhtml(133): 'anchor-anchor': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Services.xhtml'
# ERROR: Publishing Scotland Yearbook 2011.epub/OEBPS/Contents.xhtml(149): 'anchor-144-anchor': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Services.xhtml'
# ERROR: Publishing Scotland Yearbook 2011.epub/OEBPS/Contents.xhtml(173): 'anchor-145-anchor': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Services.xhtml'
# ERROR: Publishing Scotland Yearbook 2011.epub/OEBPS/Contents.xhtml(270): 'anchor-anchor': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Booksellers.xhtml'
# ERROR: Publishing Scotland Yearbook 2011.epub/OEBPS/Contents.xhtml(327): 'anchor-anchor': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Useful_Information.xhtml'
# ERROR: Publishing Scotland Yearbook 2011.epub/OEBPS/Publishing_Industry.xhtml(13557): 'OEBPS/www.mlg.co.uk': referenced resource missing in the package
# ERROR: Publishing Scotland Yearbook 2011.epub/OEBPS/Services.xhtml(2449): 'OEBPS/www.mlg.co.uk': referenced resource missing in the package
# ERROR: Publishing Scotland Yearbook 2011.epub/OEBPS/Services.xhtml(2785): 'anchor-anchor': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Services.xhtml'
# ERROR: Publishing Scotland Yearbook 2011.epub/OEBPS/Booksellers.xhtml(76): 'anchor-anchor': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Booksellers.xhtml'
# ERROR: Publishing Scotland Yearbook 2011.epub/OEBPS/Useful_Information.xhtml(3442): 'anchor-anchor': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Useful_Information.xhtml'

Grateful for any help!
zebedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 01:09 PM   #2
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Wow! Can't help you, but someone else will probably pop in who can.

Hello and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2010, 03:32 PM   #3
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Hi, welcome to MR. I'm sure someone on the forum knows the answers to your question.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:07 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi zebedee and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:43 PM   #5
Sandra Edwards
Queen of Procrastination
Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sandra Edwards once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: K2, K3, Fire
Welcome to MR! Sorry I can't help, but I'm not familiar with your e-reader.

Sandy
Sandra Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2010, 06:05 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....

Have a look in here, perhaps post again
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #7
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:12 AM   #8
zebedee
zebedee began at the beginning.

Device: ADE
Solved

A break away from it for a day, a cup of tea to keep me calm and all problems solved They were actually quite minor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebedee View Post
Hi
Can anyone guide me on how to resolve the following errors epubchecker has found? I've not come across these before.

# WARNING: Publishing Scotland Yearbook 2011.epub/OEBPS/Publishing_Industry.xhtml(7645): use of non-registered URI schema type in href: file:www.chapman-pub.co.uk
# ERROR: Publishing Scotland Yearbook 2011.epub/OEBPS/Contents.xhtml(44): 'anchor-anchor': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Publishing_Industry.xhtml'
# ERROR: Publishing Scotland Yearbook 2011.epub/OEBPS/Contents.xhtml(133): 'anchor-anchor': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Services.xhtml'
# ERROR: Publishing Scotland Yearbook 2011.epub/OEBPS/Contents.xhtml(149): 'anchor-144-anchor': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Services.xhtml'
# ERROR: Publishing Scotland Yearbook 2011.epub/OEBPS/Contents.xhtml(173): 'anchor-145-anchor': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Services.xhtml'
# ERROR: Publishing Scotland Yearbook 2011.epub/OEBPS/Contents.xhtml(270): 'anchor-anchor': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Booksellers.xhtml'
# ERROR: Publishing Scotland Yearbook 2011.epub/OEBPS/Contents.xhtml(327): 'anchor-anchor': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Useful_Information.xhtml'
# ERROR: Publishing Scotland Yearbook 2011.epub/OEBPS/Publishing_Industry.xhtml(13557): 'OEBPS/www.mlg.co.uk': referenced resource missing in the package
# ERROR: Publishing Scotland Yearbook 2011.epub/OEBPS/Services.xhtml(2449): 'OEBPS/www.mlg.co.uk': referenced resource missing in the package
# ERROR: Publishing Scotland Yearbook 2011.epub/OEBPS/Services.xhtml(2785): 'anchor-anchor': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Services.xhtml'
# ERROR: Publishing Scotland Yearbook 2011.epub/OEBPS/Booksellers.xhtml(76): 'anchor-anchor': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Booksellers.xhtml'
# ERROR: Publishing Scotland Yearbook 2011.epub/OEBPS/Useful_Information.xhtml(3442): 'anchor-anchor': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Useful_Information.xhtml'

Grateful for any help!
zebedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:33 PM   #9
trevorbsmith
trevorbsmith began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I would swear here if I didn't assume it was against policy. I registered--irritating--just to post an answer to this thread so other people would not be left hanging like I was. Once the site showed I was logged in, I typed a very long reply and submitted it. Then the page said I wasn't logged in and, amazingly, the back button took me back to a blank form--my entire post was gone. Sigh.

So the community does not get the full post, just an abbreviated re-write:

1. xhtml is case sensitive: <a href="#canada"></a> will NOT work with <a id="Canada"></a> because "Canada" (upper case C) and "canada" (lower case c) are not the same identifier. MAKE SURE YOUR IDENTIFIERS ARE SPELLED AND CAPITALIZED CONSISTENTLY. In the original poster's example, maybe 'anchor-anchor' was misspelled later as 'Anchor-anchor', for example (but s/he didn't bother us with the solution so we may never know...).

2. epubcheck (and the w3 xml validator at http://validator.w3.org/) may throw errors out about otherwise valid xhtml if there is an unrelated xhtml error found EARLIER in the file. Most of my "fragment identifier" errors were not errors at all, but were being caused by broken xhtml tags thousands of lines above them that made the rest of the file look broken to epubcheck. START AT THE FIRST ERROR listed by epubcheck and fix it before worrying about the later errors listed.

Last edited by trevorbsmith; 01-02-2011 at 12:40 PM.
trevorbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #10
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorbsmith View Post
I would swear here if I didn't assume it was against policy. I registered--irritating--just to post an answer to this thread so other people would not be left hanging like I was. Once the site showed I was logged in, I typed a very long reply and submitted it. Then the page said I wasn't logged in and, amazingly, the back button took me back to a blank form--my entire post was gone. Sigh.
What browser do you use?

MR uses cookies stored on your machine to determine your logged in state. If something diddles the cookies, it may forget you're logged in.

I've seen occasional issues with the Back button doing as you describe. I use Firefox 3.6 as my production browser. It tries to preserve the state of what I'm doing, so I can usually restart the browser and get back to where I was, including replies in progress, but occasional I lose the reply in progress too. I haven't identified the circumstances in which it fails. As a precaution, if I'm making a long post, I may copy the text to a file in a text editor, so I can restore it with a copy and paste into the browser if I have a problem and have to restart the browser of the machine.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:34 PM   #11
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome to both zebedee and trevorbsmith
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote