Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 12:58 PM   #106
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Double interesting. Whether I follow the link or search manually, I only get German and Spanish translations -- no English.
The Cadfael books still haven't returned to US Amazon, so if you're in the States, probably a regional restriction. Time for a hop across the Atlantic.
(And thanks much for the idea, Lynx-lynx and Fbone.)
Old 06-21-2014, 04:30 PM   #107
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
The Cadfael books still haven't returned to US Amazon, so if you're in the States, probably a regional restriction. Time for a hop across the Atlantic.
(And thanks much for the idea, Lynx-lynx and Fbone.)
That's what I figured.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:25 AM   #108
BetterRead
Addict
BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet
The Burglar Who Counted the Spoons by Lawrence Block is currently $0.99 at Amazon US.
(Kindle Countdown Deal through 6/22).

Quote:
Ever since The Burglar on the Prowl climbed the bestseller lists in 2004, fans have been clamoring for a new book featuring the lighthearted and lightfingered Bernie Rhodenbarr. Now everybody's favorite burglar returns in an eleventh adventure that finds him and his lesbian sidekick Carolyn Kaiser breaking into houses, apartments, and even a museum, in a madcap adventure replete with American Colonial silver, an F. Scott Fitzgerald manuscript, a priceless portrait, and a remarkable array of buttons. And, wouldn't you know it, there's a dead body, all stretched out on a Trent Barling carpet...
Old 06-23-2014, 08:42 AM   #109
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
The Nightmare (Joona Linna #2) by Lars Kepler (husband/wife team Alexandra and Alexander Ahndoril) is on sale today for $1.99 from Macmillan.

Quote:
Lars Kepler returns with a piercing, bestselling sequel to The Hypnotist

After spellbinding audiences in The Hypnotist, Detective Inspector Joona Linna is back in The Nightmare, an internationally bestselling Swedish thriller published to critical acclaim in dozens of countries. As the Swedish newspaper Arbetarbladet put it, “The reader is ready to sell his own soul for the opportunity to read this book without interruption, in one sitting.”

On a summer night, police recover the body of a young woman from an abandoned pleasure boat drifting around the Stockholm archipelago. Her lungs are filled with brackish water, and the forensics team is sure that she drowned. Why, then, is the pleasure boat still afloat, and why are there no traces of water on her clothes or body?

The next day, a man turns up dead in his state apartment in Stockholm, hanging from a lamp hook. All signs point to suicide, but the room has a high ceiling, and there’s not a single piece of furniture around—nothing to climb on.

Joona Linna begins to piece together the two mysteries, but the logistics are a mere prelude to a dizzying and dangerous course of events. At its core, the most frightening aspect of The Nightmare isn’t its gruesome crimes—it’s the dark psychology of its characters, who show us how blind we are to our own motives.
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007RN0IU0

Last edited by BelleZora; 06-23-2014 at 08:45 AM.
Old 06-23-2014, 09:46 AM   #110
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Shadow Image (Memory #2) by Martin J. Smith. Published by Jove in 1998.

Quote:
The Underhill family has loomed over Pennsylvania politics for four generations as the most powerful in the state. Now, with their youngest son locked in a tight gubernatorial race, a simple accident threatens to derail the entire campaign. After Floss Underhill, the family matriarch, has been discovered alive after falling from a gazebo into a ravine, Brenna Kennedy gets brought in as a defense attorney to the family. The police don’t seem to believe that her fall was an accident, however, and soon neither does Brenna.

Jim Christensen, a psychologist, memory expert, and Brenna’s partner as they raise their children together, has been studying Floss Underhill for months in a group of Alzheimer’s patients. Her mind ravaged by the disease, her body broken by the fall, Floss Underhill nevertheless knows something, and is trying to tell Christensen a family secret so explosive it could bring down an empire. To help bring it out of her, though, will make them powerful enemies, and bring both the truth—and the danger—very close to home…

“Martin J. Smith writes a damned good whodunit. Shadow Image hooks you … right through to the last page.”
—Michael Connelly, New York Times bestselling author of The Black Box
Canada: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00L1UKRTW

Australia: http://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B00L1UKRTW

UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00L1UKRTW

US: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L1UKRTW
Old 06-24-2014, 12:07 PM   #111
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One from Marjorie Eccles' Gil Mayo series: A Death of Distinction

Free on Amazon

http://smile.amazon.com/Death-Distin...dp/B00L374KBE/
Old 06-25-2014, 09:40 AM   #112
BelleZora
Wizard

Here's a repeat freebie on offer again today: Dark Places by Jon Evans. It was first published by HarperCollins in 2004 and won the Arthur Ellis Award for Best First Novel (2005).

Quote:
From Publishers Weekly: In this haunting suspense debut, Evans takes the reader on a page-turning adventure across five continents in search of a gruesome serial killer who has been targeting travelers in Third World nations. Paul Wood, a San Francisco computer programmer and rugged budget backpacker, is hiking in the Himalayas when he stumbles upon a mutilated corpse with a Swiss army knife plunged into each eye. This is a freakish coincidence: Paul discovered the body of his then girlfriend mysteriously murdered in much the same way two years before in remote central Africa. Finding that even more murders seem to fit the eerie pattern, he begins his own investigation with the help of a (poorly developed) Bosnian love interest named Talena. Eventually joined by his backpacking friends from the fateful trip through central Africa, he decides to take justice into his own hands. Entertaining (but totally implausible) plot twists will keep readers guessing through the book's bone-chilling buildup and brutal climax, while slangy, conversational prose will make it easy to fly through the pages. But secondary characters are often flat and unrealistic, and Paul's vigilante bravado and world-traveler cockiness won't be to everyone's taste.
Aus: http://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B008I6JUG8

UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008I6JUG8

US: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008I6JUG8
Old 06-25-2014, 10:33 AM   #113
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
Here's a repeat freebie on offer again today: Dark Places by Jon Evans. It was first published by HarperCollins in 2004 and won the Arthur Ellis Award for Best First Novel (2005).

Aus: http://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B008I6JUG8

UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008I6JUG8

US: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008I6JUG8
Whispersync audiobook $1.99
Old 06-25-2014, 05:31 PM   #114
xstitchfan
Connoisseur
xstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to allxstitchfan is a name known to all

Device: nook touch, nextbook 10" tablet pc windows 8.1
[QUOTE=BearMountainBooks;2853357]I know nothing about this author, but it is a backlist (mass market at some point) and is free today:

Dead Angler Victoria Houston

Amazon sale is gone - but I just checked and it's free for Nook! I just finished reading it and posted my review on B&N and Good Reads. I gave it 4/5 stars. Some people find all the fishing info a bit much, but I enjoyed it even though I don't fish! There are a few typos to skip over, but well worth reading. A cozy mystery with quirky, small town characters. Happy Reading! Joan
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/dead...rd=dead+angler
Old 06-25-2014, 05:46 PM   #115
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
The first three Marty Singer books by Matthew Iden - 99 cents total

http://www.amazon.com/Marty-Singer-B...dp/B00K4SB2BO/
Old 06-25-2014, 05:47 PM   #116
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
[QUOTE=xstitchfan;2859251]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
I know nothing about this author, but it is a backlist (mass market at some point) and is free today:

Dead Angler Victoria Houston

Amazon sale is gone - but I just checked and it's free for Nook! I just finished reading it and posted my review on B&N and Good Reads. I gave it 4/5 stars. Some people find all the fishing info a bit much, but I enjoyed it even though I don't fish! There are a few typos to skip over, but well worth reading. A cozy mystery with quirky, small town characters. Happy Reading! Joan
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/dead...rd=dead+angler
Thanks for the update!!!
Old 06-25-2014, 07:32 PM   #117
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
I think that the Cadfael books are finally available in English.

I looked for them about a year ago, and only found the Dutch/Spanish versions. And I checked all the sites...
Old 06-25-2014, 08:21 PM   #118
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
I picked up Ellis Peters A Morbid Taste for Bones for free using kobosta1406
http://store.kobobooks.com/en-US/Sea...s&fcmedia=Book

Kobo also has A Rare Benedictine for 98p also.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
I think that the Cadfael books are finally available in English.

I looked for them about a year ago, and only found the Dutch/Spanish versions. And I checked all the sites...
Yep, the Cadfael books are available on the Kobo UK, Aus and India sites in English, and probably others (not the US site apparently).

What some of us did was to use the code kobosta1406 on the UK site and got both Cadfael a Rare Benedictine and A Morbid Taste for Bones for free.

Otherwise those two books sell for 98p.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:13 PM   #119
mitford13
Guru

What the...
I double checked on the U.S. Cadfael books, I could swear, a week or so ago, and...nothing.
Now I just looked again and there are 3 of the Cadfael available, plus 6 out of the 12 Felse books which I don't think I'd ever seen digitized. And they're only $2.99 (they were $5.99 before.)
Ah how these publishers toy with us...

Last edited by mitford13; 06-25-2014 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:01 PM   #120
Melon Soda
★ Enjoy Your Reads! ★
Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Melon Soda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Desktop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Yep, the Cadfael books are available on the Kobo UK, Aus and India sites in English, and probably others (not the US site apparently).

What some of us did was to use the code kobosta1406 on the UK site and got both Cadfael a Rare Benedictine and A Morbid Taste for Bones for free.

Otherwise those two books sell for 98p.
Ah.. sorry to butt in, but I can't seem to find any place to enter the coupon code in Kobo UK.

Based on the list given in another thread, I've checked that the ebook I have chosen had (1) two prices listed (ie. "List Price" and "Our Price") and (2) price end in something other than ".99".

But just in case, I tried the Cadfael book too. But I simply couldn't find anywhere to enter the coupon code.

Any help would be really appreciated!
Closed Thread