Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-09-2013, 09:33 AM   #301
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by euphwes View Post
ixtab,

I'm having the same issues with the missing Java files that the other guy was having. I burned a bootable DVD from the boot.iso in kubrick-k3-k4-k5.zip (version 3.3 from the first page of this thread). You'll be interested to know that after the Java file error, I can CD to /media/cdrom/, but LS tells me that directory is empty. No kubrick subdirectory, and no other subdirectories at all. If I browse the bootable CD in Windows, there is clearly a kubrick folder, which contains (among other files) java.sfs.

I tried using that diagnostic boot.iso you posted a few days ago at http://ixtab.tk/boot.iso, which succeeded. It told me everything was fine. I can cd to /media/cdrom/kubrick, and an ls shows me that java.sfs is present.

Hopefully this helps you! I'm not sure what you did differently between the two isos.

I'm going to try to use one of the CD isos, but convert it to a DVD image and burn that instead. Unfortunately, I only have blank DVDs at home, no CDs!
No conversion required - just burn it to the DVD media as a bootable disk.
Your DVD writer will blank out the unused portion of the media.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #302
euphwes
euphwes can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueeuphwes can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueeuphwes can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueeuphwes can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueeuphwes can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueeuphwes can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueeuphwes can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueeuphwes can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueeuphwes can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueeuphwes can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueeuphwes can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle Touch
Kubrick success

Quote:
No conversion required - just burn it to the DVD media as a bootable disk.
Your DVD writer will blank out the unused portion of the media.
You're right, thanks. I did try the iso from kubrick-k4-k5.zip, burned to DVD, which also did not work for me. Same error about missing java files, despite the fact that ixtap's "test" did work successfully.

I ended up making a bootable thumb/USB drive, which worked perfectly! That was a learning experience for me, since I wasn't even previously aware that my mobo supported booting from USB. I downgraded my 5.3.2.1 Touch to 5.1.2, and installed the jailbreak, with no issues at all.

Thanks again, ixtap, for a superb tool! I'm sure you'll have this issue with the bootable CD/DVDs worked out soon enough. And thanks to everyone else to the ongoing discussion, which helped me get this working.
euphwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #303
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Version 3.4

So... thanks to euphwes's feedback, here's Kubrick version 3.4.

There are no changes to the actual debricking logic - in other words, if previous versions work for you, there's no urgent need to upgrade.

However, the newest version includes an updated Kernel configuration, in the hope of now really supporting pretty much every configuration that Linux itself can support.

Thanks again to euphwes for the feedback!

Last edited by ixtab; 04-10-2013 at 08:56 PM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #304
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Upping files now. Be there in 20.

EDIT: Done mate.

Last edited by twobob; 04-10-2013 at 08:55 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #305
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Upping files now. Be there in 20.
¡Gracias!

Old 04-11-2013, 04:14 AM   #306
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Version 3.4 mirrored:

http://ulozto.net/xQzU1ETd/kubrick-k3-zip
http://ulozto.net/xH1yZKtg/kubrick-k4-k5-zip
http://ulozto.net/xofQBMu2/kubrick-k3-k4-k5-zip
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:36 AM   #307
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Sorted mate.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #308
illzskn
illzskn began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
hi,
i want to know is this debrick method will give me a clean/ no modified/ original KT firmware?
i just got a kt from my friends, it has lots of waste file/ setting and also JB,
i want get a factory firmware, is this method can do that?
thanks,
illzskn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #309
ixtab
(offline)

Yes.

Quote from first post (emphasis added):
Quote:
Installs a pristine 3.4 (K3), 4.1.1 (K4), or 5.1.2 (KT) firmware
To get a completely "factory fresh" device:
1. perform a factory reset on the device.
2. Plug it to the computer and delete everything on the Kindle disk.
3. Use Kubrick, and check the option to wipe the internal data partition, and to reinstall the TTS files.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #310
wisecrick
Enthusiast
wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KT B011
Is there any per-configured i386 Linux distribution to let me compile programs for KT 5.3.2.1 easily?
wisecrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #311
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecrick View Post
Is there any per-configured i386 Linux distribution to let me compile programs for KT 5.3.2.1 easily?
not really,
but we do have pre-compiled toolchains in the KeK resource pool.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #312
wisecrick
Enthusiast
wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.wisecrick can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: KT B011
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
not really,
but we do have pre-compiled toolchains in the KeK resource pool.
I've read your thread, but I didn't know how to set it up on a clean debian wheezy 64-bit installation (My VPS), I'm a newbie.
wisecrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:22 PM   #313
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisecrick View Post
I've read your thread, but I didn't know how to set it up on a clean debian wheezy 64-bit installation (My VPS), I'm a newbie.
Expand on the details of "My VPS" some please.

And why a 64-bit environment?
Old 04-14-2013, 01:11 PM   #314
ixtab
(offline)

@wisecrick: Please stay on topic. This thread is about Kubrick, and your question certainly can't be answered in one or two posts.

IOW: please open a new thread for your question.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:11 AM   #315
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Let me contribute to related music video list:

a love song to the Kubrick
Spoiler:

I've experiments to run.
There is research to be done.
On the people who are still alive.
And believe me I am still alive.

Spoiler:
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote