Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-20-2008, 01:09 AM   #1
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
A Duck, armadillo, cat, Panda etc walk into a bar!

For those members that shall remain nameless to keep the peace and prevent the green skinned Moderators from accusing them of Off TOPIC or worse Thread Hijacking behavior, I will start this tread so when the urgent to stray off the beaten path in a thread may strike just bring it on over to the Bar! Of course remembering to quote the original comment so we can stay on topic in the Off topic sense! As an example, Just respond in the original thread with maybe Headed to the Bar, Going for a drink whatever But if it gets to confusing or is to much effort Please feel free to close the Bar and continue as normal!

JJ

Last edited by jerryleejr; 07-20-2008 at 01:14 AM.
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:29 AM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
For those members that shall remain nameless to keep the peace and prevent the green skinned Moderators from accusing them of Off TOPIC or worse Thread Hijacking behavior, I will start this tread so when the urgent to stray off the beaten path in a thread may strike just bring it on over to the Bar! Of course remembering to quote the original comment so we can stay on topic in the Off topic sense! As an example, Just respond in the original thread with maybe Headed to the Bar, Going for a drink whatever But if it gets to confusing or is to much effort Please feel free to close the Bar and continue as normal!

JJ
"Green skinned moderators" snork snort!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:33 AM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Has it been an extremely slow night on the board? I"m not seeing many posts at all...and what happened to your avatar? He looks pale........
Old 07-20-2008, 01:38 AM   #4
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
... A panda bear walks into a bar, sits on a stool and starts munching on some peanuts. He finishes the bowl and pulls out a gun. He shoots the guy sitting beside him and starts to make for the door.
"Why'd you do that?!?" the bartender asks, stunned.
"Look 'panda' up in the encyclopedia." the bear answers as he walks out the door and starts down the street.
Puzzled, the bartender shakes his head and goes back to work.
Later that night when the bartender gets home he looks in his encyclopedia and is startled by what he sees:

"Panda - A wild animal that eats shoots and leaves"
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 01:51 AM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
... A panda bear walks into a bar, sits on a stool and starts munching on some peanuts. He finishes the bowl and pulls out a gun. He shoots the guy sitting beside him and starts to make for the door.
"Why'd you do that?!?" the bartender asks, stunned.
"Look 'panda' up in the encyclopedia." the bear answers as he walks out the door and starts down the street.
Puzzled, the bartender shakes his head and goes back to work.
Later that night when the bartender gets home he looks in his encyclopedia and is startled by what he sees:

"Panda - A wild animal that eats shoots and leaves"
Hillarious!
Old 07-20-2008, 01:55 AM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Duck Joke

So, a duck walked into a bar, and asked the bartender, "Do you have any grapes?" The bartender replied, "No, this isn't a grocery store, get the hell out of here!" So, the duck came back the next day, and asked the bartender "Do you have any grapes?" The bartender said "No, I told you before, this isn't a grocery store, and I don't have any grapes, now leave!" So the duck came back the next day, and asked the bartender, "Do you have any grapes?" The angry bartender said, "NO! And if you come back and ask me that again, I will nail your butt to the wall! Now leave!" So, the duck came back the next day, and asked the bartender, "Do you have any nails?" The bartender, puzzled, said, "No, why?" The duck said, "In that case, do you have any grapes?"

all together now......
Old 07-20-2008, 01:59 AM   #7
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Armadillo joke

Question: Why did the chicken cross the road?

Answer: To prove to the armadillo that it CAN be done.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 02:28 AM   #8
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Has it been an extremely slow night on the board? I"m not seeing many posts at all...and what happened to your avatar? He looks pale........
Is that Better?? I attached the Original file for your viewing Pleasure, Wonder how long before the Duck sees it!

JJ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Angry APE.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	14516  

Last edited by jerryleejr; 07-20-2008 at 03:21 AM.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:43 AM   #9
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Hey Duck!

Just Checking! Must be Safe...

So here a couple I like.

A duck walks into a bar and says to the bar tender "I'll have a beer".
The bartender says "Hey! where did you come from?"
The duck says "I'm working the construction site across the street".
And the bartender says, "Well why are you working construction when you could be making millions in the circus?"
And the duck said "What would the circus want with a brick laying duck?"

What do you call a cat that swallows a duck?
A duck-filled-fatty-pus
(Wonder who this could be??)

Two monsters went duck-hunting with their dogs but without success. "I know what we're doing wrong," said the first one. "What's that then?" asked the second. "We're not throwing the dogs high enough!"

And of course I saved the best for last!
Three guys died in an accident and went to heaven. When they got there, St. Peter said, "We only have one rule in heaven. Don't step on the ducks!"

So they entered heaven and sure enough, there were ducks all over the place. It was almost impossible not to step on a duck and although they tried their best to avoid them, the first guy accidentally stepped on one.

Along came St. Peter with the ugliest woman he ever saw. St. Peter chained them together and said, "Your punishment for stepping on a duck is to spend eternity chained to this ugly woman".

The next day, the second guy stepped accidentally on a duck and along came St. Peter, who didn't miss a thing, and with him was another extremely ugly woman. He chained them together with the same admonishment as the first.

The third guy had observed all this and not wanting to be chained for all eternity to an ugly woman, was very careful where he stepped. He managed to go for months without stepping on any duck. But one day, St. Peter came up to him with the most gorgeous woman he had ever laid eyes on. St. Peter chained them together without saying a word.

The guy remarked, "I wonder what I did to deserve being chained to you for all eternity"?

She replied, "I don't know about you, but I stepped on a duck"!

Last edited by jerryleejr; 07-20-2008 at 03:28 AM.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:51 AM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
one of my favorite jokes :

what's the difference between a duck ?

(pfff... hahahahaha !!!!!)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:49 AM   #11
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
one of my favorite jokes :

what's the difference between a duck ?

(pfff... hahahahaha !!!!!)
Waiting.... Waiting... Still waiting... Oh now I get it! ha ha ha ha (No, I was just being nice, I dont get it)

Last edited by jerryleejr; 07-20-2008 at 08:16 AM.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:44 AM   #12
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
An Irishman walks into a bar and orders three pints of Guinness. The publican draws the three and sets them on the table in front of the Irishman who proceeds to down them one after the other.

This goes on for several nights. Then, one evening, when the Irishman walks in and again orders three pints, the publican says, "Look mate, I can draw you one pint at a time then each will be fresh with a proper head for you"

At first the Irishman is confused but then gets it and says, "No, you see it's me two brothers. We made a solemn vow that, we we separated; you see one went to America and one went to Australia while I stayed here in Ireland. Anyway, we vowed that each night we'd all drink a symbolic pint together"

"Ah", sighed the publican, "That's lovely and so it is. And, sir, I'll be drawing your three pints for you straight away"

This goes on for several months. Then one night the Irishman comes in and, to the publican's shock, only orders two pints. The publican sadly brings the two pints to the table then says, "Sir, let me be the first to offer my condolences over the death of one of your brothers"

The Irishman is confused over this then gets it and says"Oh no, you don't understand. Me brothers are both fine; I just quit drinking meself"

Last edited by MickeyC; 07-20-2008 at 08:46 AM.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:49 AM   #13
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
Waiting.... Waiting... Still waiting... Oh now I get it! ha ha ha ha (No, I was just being nice, I dont get it)
well, that's sort of the point ; it's completely absurd. i think it's hilarious. but i've been told i have a strange sense of humour. it's actually originally from a sketch by Coluche, a brilliant french comedian.

Q : how many surrealists does it take to change a lightbulb ?
A : fish.

heeheehee !!!
Old 07-20-2008, 09:00 AM   #14
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
A Frenchman walks into a bar. He has a parrot on his shoulder, and the parrot is a wearing a baseball cap. The bartender says, "Hey, that's neat - where did you get that?" And the parrot says, "France - they've got millions of them there."
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:08 AM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
A Frenchman walks into a bar. He has a parrot on his shoulder, and the parrot is a wearing a baseball cap. The bartender says, "Hey, that's neat - where did you get that?" And the parrot says, "France - they've got millions of them there."
pfff hahahaha !!!!

Tags
duck!, unutterable silliness