Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-20-2021, 01:25 PM   #1
supermighty
Groupie
supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2
Kobo Libra 2 first impressions

Just got the Libra 2 in the mail.

It's very much like the Libra H2O. Just holding it alone I can't tell the weight difference. They are very close in size, it's not something I noticed until I tried to put the Libra 2 into the Libra H2O case; it doesn't fit.

I like the new placement of the buttons. They are off to the side, out of the way of my thumb, which makes it easier to hold.

My front lighting is even and solid. Looking at the two side by side it's difficult to tell which is which. They look so very similar. Which is to say they are very nicely lit, and easy to read. The page turn does feel faster.

Of the two side by side, the left is the Libra 2, and the right is the Libra H2O.

oh, one more thing... it has an SD Card on the inside.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211020_125527_1.jpg
Views:	2639
Size:	821.2 KB
ID:	189725   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211020_125805_1.jpg
Views:	4421
Size:	491.7 KB
ID:	189726   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211020_131403.jpg
Views:	3313
Size:	268.9 KB
ID:	189727   Click image for larger version

Name:	20211020_143537.jpg
Views:	3012
Size:	765.8 KB
ID:	189728  

Last edited by supermighty; 10-21-2021 at 08:13 AM.
supermighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 01:30 PM   #2
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermighty View Post
it has an SD Card on the inside.
This is very unexpected. Could you take photos?

Thanks. It's great that Libra 2 has a removable card.

Last edited by Semwize; 10-20-2021 at 01:43 PM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2021, 01:48 PM   #3
supermighty
Groupie
supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The SD Card surprised me. I guess opening the back was a fools hope, but it paid off.
Old 10-20-2021, 01:53 PM   #4
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The battery capacity is 1420 mAh in your photo. I was also interested in this question.
Old 10-20-2021, 01:58 PM   #5
supermighty
Groupie

I am still very curious about the Tolino Vision 6. They share the same housing, but the CPU speed and storage were confusingly different. With the SD Card makes it make more sense. The Tolino just uses a smaller card. Maybe it means the Libra 2 has the faster processor.
Advert
Old 10-20-2021, 02:02 PM   #6
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermighty View Post
I am still very curious about the Tolino Vision 6. They share the same housing, but the CPU speed and storage were confusingly different. With the SD Card makes it make more sense. The Tolino just uses a smaller card. Maybe it means the Libra 2 has the faster processor.
It would be stupid to not market the new CPU speed if it was the case.
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 02:08 PM   #7
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I am confused though,, does Kobo still use the HZO coating for water proofing (in which case, removing the SD card would be a bad idea.), or is the chasis supposed to be waterproof, (in which case, removing the back would be a bad idea, but you should have noticed some kind of seal as you were prying it apart.) Either way, the option for those who prefer replacing SD card over waterproofing is great. Someone brave enough (or perfectly willing to make the sacrifice) should make an image availabe for interested forum members to preserve.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 02:11 PM   #8
vrf
Addict
vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vrf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Voyage, Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch, Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro
Thanks for the quick thoughts!
Try some MP3 files!
vrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 02:21 PM   #9
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Looking at the side by side picture, to me it looks like the one on the right has uneven lighting (brighter on the left side of the reader).
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 02:32 PM   #10
Almamida
Guru
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage - Kindle PW5 & Voyage - iPad Pro M1 12.9
The one on the right is the previous Libra H2O
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 02:42 PM   #11
supermighty
Groupie

The back came off really easy. Just popped off like the Libra H2O.

I uploaded another photo, you can see on the connectors they are covered in some kind of glue, or water sealant.

I tried to pull out the SD Card, but with just my fingers it wouldn't budge. I wonder if it's glued in or _sealed_ in.
Old 10-20-2021, 02:54 PM   #12
Semwize
Guru

On your last photo, it is clearly visible that a moisture-proof coating is applied to the cable. So a removable sd card is really a surprise.

Last edited by Semwize; 10-20-2021 at 03:00 PM.
Old 10-20-2021, 03:39 PM   #13
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Unrelated, but in the top right of the third photo, I like seeing:
I NEVER FINISH ANYTHING - 46% READ
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 05:00 PM   #14
Nirekeyaki
Nirekeyaki will become famous soon enoughNirekeyaki will become famous soon enoughNirekeyaki will become famous soon enoughNirekeyaki will become famous soon enoughNirekeyaki will become famous soon enoughNirekeyaki will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Libra 2 - Clara HD
They have improved the uniformity of the screen.

Thanks for the review.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Nirekeyaki; 10-20-2021 at 05:04 PM.
Nirekeyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 06:07 PM   #15
Rid
Groupie
Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Rid can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Aura HD (R.I.P.) :(
The weight is not where you hold it. Why put the battery in the middle when it was designed to be held on the edge! Kobo have half arsed it!!!

Last edited by Rid; 10-20-2021 at 06:12 PM.
Rid is offline   Reply With Quote