Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 05-08-2016, 03:08 AM   #1
Hunreader
Hunreader began at the beginning.

Device: Koob3 Be Free V60
V60 firmware backup + key modification

I have an ONDA OB600KT reader, which is a HANLIN V60 Italian clone. I updated it with KOOB3 BE FREE firmware from the net, which is a HANLIN V60 Hungarian clone. It works good, I like this firmware.
But, the main function buttons above the QWERY are in different order in this firmware. I would like to change it back.
- The original ONDA firmware is not available on the net.
- I have KOOB3 firmware and I have managed to extract it with Binwalk to 3 files: 103498.? unknown file, ramdisk.img, 700000.? unknown file.
- If I open the 700000.? file in Total Commander, there is a linux system partition in it. I could find the translations, the icons, images, and all files, and a keymap.ini and a keydefs.ini in CR3 folder (coolreader) which are contains key definitions. Also in jinke gui folder there are Keyevents.class and others which are java files. Which is what I need?

My questions:
1. How can I download the original firmware from another ONDA reader? It does not read fb2 files as executable, so scripts not work. I used dd command, but it works on only the mountable partition (user data) and not on the system partition.
2. How can I build back a setup.bin file from my 3 files after I modifying and changing strings, images in it? I have tried mtd-utils, but it make a JFFS2 file, which is not a firmware file for my reader.
3. Is there any way to make reader system partition visible or mountable on Linux pc? So I could make changes in it.

Thank you for your help!!!
Hunreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:11 PM   #2
blackcatw81
Meow!
blackcatw81 began at the beginning.

Device: K4NTblk,HanlinV60 3G,Trekstor Pyrus
Hi! Got the ONDA too, with original firmware.. But I can't reply to your questions. Do you want the original firmware?

EllyG81 Sent from My Vivo X710L Using Tapatalk
blackcatw81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2016, 01:33 PM   #3
Hunreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcatw81 View Post
Hi! Got the ONDA too, with original firmware.. But I can't reply to your questions. Do you want the original firmware?

Thank you! How can you dump it out from the reader? Or you have it from the net?
Anyway, Yes, would you please upload it somewhere if you have a chance! It would be nice to get it.

Thank you for your help, best regards!
Old 05-30-2016, 05:05 AM   #4
deedend
deedend began at the beginning.

Device: MyTILE OB600KT
Hello, I want to try to hack this ereader too, but it could be useful to have a backup of the original one; how can I dump it? Or anyone have a copy downloaded from the onda site (when it was active)?

Thanks!
deedend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 05:13 PM   #5
Hunreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedend View Post
Hello, I want to try to hack this ereader too, but it could be useful to have a backup of the original one; how can I dump it? Or anyone have a copy downloaded from the onda site (when it was active)?

Thanks!
This is my problem too. There is no more ob600kt firmware out there as site is closed, and no mirrors. I updated my reader with the Hungarian version firmware - Koobe Be Free - which also have foreign languages, but now I can not put the original fw back as I did not have a copy. Anyway, this fw is faster, and better for me, but as my other problem is the function buttons are swapped!!!
No I work on it how to use this fw and change the function key events. I have many days in it and I am rally close to it, but finally the setkeycodes command always give me : invalid argument...... So, still do not have
the original fw.....
Advert
Old 05-31-2016, 04:24 AM   #6
deedend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunreader View Post
This is my problem too. There is no more ob600kt firmware out there as site is closed, and no mirrors. I updated my reader with the Hungarian version firmware - Koobe Be Free - which also have foreign languages, but now I can not put the original fw back as I did not have a copy. Anyway, this fw is faster, and better for me, but as my other problem is the function buttons are swapped!!!
No I work on it how to use this fw and change the function key events. I have many days in it and I am rally close to it, but finally the setkeycodes command always give me : invalid argument...... So, still do not have
the original fw.....
Here I have found the original latest firmware (OB600KT.FW.B04)... Try at your own risk
Can you please try to open a PDF, rotate in in landscape and scroll up and down the visual without changing page? I cannot do this with my OB600KT with OB600KT.FW.B03

I have found this other firmware from an ukrain clone... from the screenshots seems very good since it eliminate the two annoying band in the upper and bottom of the screen (persistent in the italian version); I think I will try em out.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:16 AM   #7
deedend

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcatw81 View Post

Can you extract the firmware? How? I am interested too, because the firmware that I have installed now works (not so good, but works) and if I mess up something I want to be able to reinstall the original firmware backup.

Thanks
Old 05-31-2016, 08:32 PM   #8
Hunreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedend View Post
Can you extract the firmware? How? I am interested too, because the firmware that I have installed now works (not so good, but works) and if I mess up something I want to be able to reinstall the original firmware backup.

Thanks
The Onda firmware you linked is TB600KT (Biblet 2). My OB600KT reader failed to load that firmware so I can not try it....
I have tried the Ukrain LBook firmware too, and I really dont like it. It is so complicated with the changeable menu ribbon.
I use the Hungarian firmware which is faster than the others but the function buttons are swapped!! This is still my problem - I have tried several ways to remap the keys without any success....
Old 06-01-2016, 03:04 AM   #9
deedend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunreader View Post
The Onda firmware you linked is TB600KT (Biblet 2). My OB600KT reader failed to load that firmware so I can not try it....
I have tried the Ukrain LBook firmware too, and I really dont like it. It is so complicated with the changeable menu ribbon.
I use the Hungarian firmware which is faster than the others but the function buttons are swapped!! This is still my problem - I have tried several ways to remap the keys without any success....
Can you please try if the landscape scrolling function is working with your hungarian firmware? The problem with the ukrainian one is only the ribbon or is slow too?

Thanks

p.s. the problem with the hungarian firmware is only the swapped button?