Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #31
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post

I've recently read "Day of the Triffids" - they used flamethrowers and shotguns!

I've never read the book, but the last TV version had all the people isolated
on the Isle of Wight ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #32
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
.... in other words - we lost ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2010, 11:59 AM   #33
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
.... in other words - we lost ...
Nonsense. A solid base to fight back from....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:05 PM   #34
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I've never read the book, but the last TV version had all the people isolated
on the Isle of Wight ....
In the book, surviving pockets of humanity did retreat to islands - apparently triffids can't swim.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:16 PM   #35
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Nothing yet ... heck we just had the lawn put in in September. Although we did one flower bed put in and they are about ready to bloom. Some narcissus, daffodils, and hyacinth. When they bloom I'll get some pics posted.

We're planning an island sort of thingy in front with a dogwood tree and some azaleas, at least that's the plan today - it'll change again soon And maybe a nice butterfly and hummingbird garden for the back yard, but that might wait until we put in a deck or patio.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2010, 01:19 PM   #36
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
Nothing yet ... heck we just had the lawn put in in September. Although we did one flower bed put in and they are about ready to bloom. Some narcissus, daffodils, and hyacinth. When they bloom I'll get some pics posted.

We're planning an island sort of thingy in front with a dogwood tree and some azaleas, at least that's the plan today - it'll change again soon And maybe a nice butterfly and hummingbird garden for the back yard, but that might wait until we put in a deck or patio.
If you want to attract hummers, be sure to plant Red Hot Poker plants: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kniphofia_uvaria . Their blooms are irresistible to hummingbirds.
Old 04-12-2010, 01:22 PM   #37
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
If you want to attract hummers, be sure to plant Red Hot Poker plants: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kniphofia_uvaria . Their blooms are irresistible to hummingbirds.
Awesome, thanks for the tip, they look neat - I've added it to the list

K to you when it lets me .
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:43 PM   #38
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I don't have a garden, so I thought I would post a photo of my indoor tomatoes They are the first thing I try to grow, and I'm amazed they made it this far. They look better IRL.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1448-500.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	49736  
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:31 PM   #39
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
I don't have a garden, so I thought I would post a photo of my indoor tomatoes They are the first thing I try to grow, and I'm amazed they made it this far. They look better IRL.
They look nice, but a little spindly. Give them as much light as you can, more than anything else.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:40 PM   #40
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Maybe they need a squirt of Easy Cheese?
Old 04-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #41
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Better plan on your replacement plant. Agave are one and done when they bloom....

There are plenty of its babies around, I may be able to use one of them. The other agaves (attenuata) seem to flower nearly every year and don't die. But their flower is not leg thick and 12 feet high I guess.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:53 PM   #42
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
I can see where the window is. They are leaning like mad to get more sun. Good luck
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:10 PM   #43
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Herbs, herbs, and more herbs! Only a veranda on the fifth floor so no cherry trees (although the streets are filled with them below.) Lots of rosemary, plenty of oregano, some dill and a few fennel plants, new parsley plants, a thyme or two, and six baby basil plants. The lemongrass survived the winter and is just sending up some new stalks. Ginger is now bedded in its sandbox ready to form new hands, and the spearmint getting set to take over anyone who will let it. Oh... and a large flat of oat grass for the cat to eat, sleep in, and cough up all over the rugs! Could be worse... could be a cow...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:20 PM   #44
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
There are plenty of its babies around, I may be able to use one of them. The other agaves (attenuata) seem to flower nearly every year and don't die. But their flower is not leg thick and 12 feet high I guess.
Don't think of it as losing a plant-- think of it as gaining a cake.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:47 AM   #45
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Don't think of it as losing a plant-- think of it as gaining a cake.
Cake? I was thinking tequila!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote