Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-29-2023, 11:47 AM   #61
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
I did thought about that, but I thought people would set their goals on a single library. To be honest, I only have a second library for testing, so I don't really know what use cases could need to set goals in different libraries.
Anyway, I'll will take a look at that.
Several plugins (off-hand, FanFicFare, Reading List, and Kobo Utilities) store library-specific settings as json in the preferences table of the library database. Some of them use this dialog to show and clear settings.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-08-29 12_49_31-Preferences for_ ReadingListPlugin.png
Views:	95
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	203427  

Last edited by ownedbycats; 08-29-2023 at 11:49 AM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 12:10 PM   #62
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by autolo View Post
Just had to say this plugin is exactly what I've wanted. Despite having the same errors as others here, I'm looking forward to really getting into setting this up in my library when these early kinks are worked out.
Nice to hear it helps. I'll release the new version today.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2023, 12:14 PM   #63
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Several plugins (off-hand, FanFicFare, Reading List, and Kobo Utilities) store library-specific settings as json in the preferences table of the library database. Some of them use this dialog to show and clear settings.
Yes. I've seen this.
I think I'm going to choose a different approach, tough. Reading Goal has a database that grows over time. So, for best performance, would be better to have a different database file for each library. Also, this way I wouldn't have to change the database structure at all.
The plugin can detect a library change and just switch to the corresponding database.
Old 08-29-2023, 12:16 PM   #64
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Yes. I've seen this.
I think I'm going to choose a different approach, tough. Reading Goal has a database that grows over time. So, for best performance, would be better to have a different database file for each library. Also, this way I wouldn't have to change the database structure at all.
The plugin can detect a library change and just switch to the corresponding database.
I agree, we are not talking about preferences here, but to include a database as a "blob" in another database, which can be a problem.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 01:02 PM   #65
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Yes. I've seen this.
Yes, the size of the library db I was something I was thinking about. I think I stopped using Audit Log for this reason.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2023, 07:31 PM   #66
thiago.eec
Guru

Version 1.0.8 - 29 Aug 2023
  • Fix adding a book with empty date causing an error when opening the dialogs
  • Add a 'Mark selected books' button to the 'Edit reading goal' dialog
  • Add a clear database button
  • Restored the right buttons for other years (relinking will be inactive)
  • Expanded the rereading algorithm to include rereading in the same year (triggered by new records after reaching 100%)
  • Improved contrast for disabled buttons on dark mode

Last edited by thiago.eec; 08-29-2023 at 08:17 PM.
Old 08-29-2023, 07:40 PM   #67
thiago.eec
Guru

I didn't mention when the 'Genre view' was added, but the plugin can handle hierarchical tags. It will create a tree up to third level, then other levels are grouped together. Ex.:

Code:
Tag: Fiction.Fantasy.Contemporary.Young Adult
Code:
Tree:  Fiction >
               Fantasy >
                     Contemporary.Young Adult
Sorry if my tag makes no sense.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Hirarchichal tags.png
Views:	101
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	203435  
Old 08-29-2023, 11:25 PM   #68
autolo
autolo began at the beginning.

Device: Android S5
I have a problem with the latest update, with a book that I finished now show up as re-reading, despite it still being at 100% reading progress and I have not done anything to the entry since I finished it.

Also, after opening as it should at first, suddenly got the "AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'astimezone'" error again, and not able to open it now.

Last edited by autolo; 08-29-2023 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Added error
autolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 04:35 AM   #69
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
hmm, i can't make the columns remember its last width. For some long titles, the default column width will make the "1x .. 2x" counter hidden.

Thank you for the Mark Selected Books new feature.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MWSnap 2023-08-30, 05_15_28.png
Views:	95
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	203449   Click image for larger version

Name:	MWSnap 2023-08-30, 05_14_54.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	203450  
Comfy.n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 07:27 AM   #70
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
I have a problem with the latest update, with a book that I finished now show up as re-reading, despite it still being at 100% reading progress and I have not done anything to the entry since I finished it.
A couple of possibilities here:

1) The book exists in a past goal
2) Remember that every time you change the reading progress, your records are updated. So, maybe you changed its value to 100, then changed back to a smallest value, then back to 100.

If the books is not in any past goal, then open the 'Edit reading goal' dialog and click on the 'Show records' button for this book. See if the records show something like described above (e.g.: 50% > 100% > 70% > 100%).

Quote:
Also, after opening as it should at first, suddenly got the "AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'astimezone'" error again, and not able to open it now.
Please post the full error message, so I can determine where the problem is.
Old 08-30-2023, 07:34 AM   #71
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
hmm, i can't make the columns remember its last width. For some long titles, the default column width will make the "1x .. 2x" counter hidden.
I'll fix this for the next release. I'll change the the stretch property to the first column instead of the last, as it is now. Then you just have to resize de dialog and the first column will stretch accordingly. The size of the dialog is remembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
Thank you for the Mark Selected Books new feature.
Old 08-30-2023, 09:41 AM   #72
autolo

Quote:
A couple of possibilities here:

1) The book exists in a past goal
2) Remember that every time you change the reading progress, your records are updated. So, maybe you changed its value to 100, then changed back to a smallest value, then back to 100.

If the books is not in any past goal, then open the 'Edit reading goal' dialog and click on the 'Show records' button for this book. See if the records show something like described above (e.g.: 50% > 100% > 70% > 100%).
The progress value shouldn't have changed that way, I am pretty particular with my metadata, and I know the progress value have only gone up until 100. The action-chain I use for finishing a book sets the date read before it updates the progress to 100 though, but I don't think that should matter. I can't check the show records now as the plugin don't start to see what it shows though. Up until the last update, it was shown as finished.

Quote:
Please post the full error message, so I can determine where the problem is.
Here it is. The only thing I can remember doing was changing one book to abandoned, then closing the window and trying to open it again, and getting this message, though I don't 100% remember if it happend directly after that, or if it could open once or twice again after I changed it.

Spoiler:
calibre, version 6.25.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>AttributeError</b>:'NoneType' object has no attribute 'astimezone'

calibre 6.25 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.22621-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.22621')
Python 3.10.1
Windows: ('10', '10.0.22621', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Action Chains (1, 18, 12) && Count Pages (1, 13, 0) && EpubMerge (2, 16, 0) && FanFicFare (4, 26, 1) && Find Duplicates (1, 10, 8) && Generate Cover (2, 3, 2) && Goodreads (1, 7, 9) && Goodreads Sync (1, 16, 3) && Quality Check (1, 13, 6) && Reading Goal (1, 0, 8) && Reading List (1, 15, 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.ui", line 226, in set_main_action
File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 183, in manage_reading_goal
File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 762, in update_database
File "calibre_plugins.Reading_Goal.main", line 337, in add_to_goal
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'astimezone'
Old 08-30-2023, 10:12 AM   #73
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
The progress value shouldn't have changed that way, I am pretty particular with my metadata, and I know the progress value have only gone up until 100.
I don't know if that's what you mean, but the Reading Goal plugin does not change any metadata in your calibre library. All its operations are done on the JSON database (created by the plugin).

Quote:
Here it is. The only thing I can remember doing was changing one book to abandoned, then closing the window and trying to open it again, and getting this message, though I don't 100% remember if it happend directly after that, or if it could open once or twice again after I changed it.
That was it. I suspected this could be the cause, and already fixed it. I had corrected every instance of metadata date fetched from calibre db, but in this case, the date came from the JSON, not from calibre db, since the books was marked as abandoned. Anyway, this is fixed now.

I'll release the fix in a few moments.

After you install the new version, check that reread book records and post here what you find.
Old 08-30-2023, 10:17 AM   #74
autolo

Quote:
I don't know if that's what you mean, but the Reading Goal plugin does not change any metadata in your calibre library. All its operations are done on the JSON database (created by the plugin).
I was a bit unclear in that one. I meant that I have not changed it again after it got set to 100%.

Thanks for fixing the other problem!
Old 08-30-2023, 10:22 AM   #75
thiago.eec
Guru

Test version:

- Fix the date error for abandoned books
- Creates a database file for every library (when you interact with the plugin)

IMPORTANT:
When first opening the new version, do it on the same library you've been working with. Otherwise, it will be associated with the open library.

P.S.: I'll add a check for this on the final version, so the user will be warned.

Last edited by thiago.eec; 09-01-2023 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Removed test version. New version released.