Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-15-2023, 11:26 AM   #61
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Thanks for the extra guidance, now I got the hang of it. I was afraid I had lost the initial translation, which seemed very good (with Edge). Then I found that "Reveal" cache button, after resizing the settings dialog, and was able to back up the .db just in case.

Then I started all over using Google, and it seemed even better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlefere View Post
Batch Mode: By clicking the [TRANSLATE] button, it will also use the cached translation result, and you will notice the process is much faster.
9 seconds. lol
Comfy.n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 06:44 PM   #62
degevic
degevic began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
error last update

Hello!! Since the last update it has been giving me an error when I try to translate, unfortunately I can't identify what is happening, and I always have to close or restart the program.

calibre, version 5.44.0
ERRO: Exceção sem tratamento: <b>TypeError</b>:int() argument must be a string, a bytes-like object or a number, not 'NoneType'

calibre 5.44 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-8.1-6.3.9600 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '8.1', '6.3.9600')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('8.1', '6.3.9600', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: pt_BR
Successfully initialized third party plugins: ACE (1, 1, 6) && Amazon.com Multiple Countries (1, 0, 0) && Count Pages (1, 13, 0) && Ebook Translator (2, 1, 1) && Extract ISBN (1, 6, 0) && Hyphenate This! (0, 1, 3) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && Language Cleaner (2023, 7, 8) && LanguageTool (0, 1, 2) && Quality Check (1, 13, 4) && Search The Internet (1, 10, 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.ui", line 131, in show_cache
File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.cache", line 37, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.cache", line 104, in table_widget
File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.cache", line 201, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.cache", line 206, in wrapper
File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.cache", line 228, in refresh
File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.lib.cache", line 120, in get_list
TypeError: int() argument must be a string, a bytes-like object or a number, not 'NoneType'
degevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2023, 04:15 AM   #63
kindlefere
Enthusiast
kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2
@degevic

This error was solved in latest version v2.1.2. Please update to use.
kindlefere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 09:15 AM   #64
degevic

error continue

Quote:
@degevic

This error was solved in latest version v2.1.2. Please update to use.
sorry, even after the update it continues to give error, bad it happened only after I updated, unfortunately!!!
Old 08-02-2023, 08:54 PM   #65
kindlefere
Enthusiast
kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Do you mean the same error happens more frequently after the update?

If it is different error, please give me the new error message.

BTW, you can roll back to the previous version v2.1.1 by downloading the zip file and install via "Load from file" if you want.
Advert
Old 08-03-2023, 01:40 PM   #66
degevic

the same error as always,

Quote:
Do you mean the same error happens more frequently after the update?

If it is different error, please give me the new error message.

BTW, you can roll back to the previous version v2.1.1 by downloading the zip file and install via "Load from file" if you want.
It's the same error as always, I can't translate after the last two updates, accusing the same error, before I was able to do many translations.
Old 08-21-2023, 06:56 AM   #67
vanessabluellie
vanessabluellie began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello!! Thank you for this super amazing plugin!!! It works really well on txt and docx files so far! But I've tried this plugin on multiple of my epubs and mobi files, but it failed to process and translate any of them...

I generate my epubs using two different programs: The Chrome Extension "WebToEpub" --> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...mnifcnibaigelm

And the program called "Novelgrabber" --> https://github.com/Flameish/Novel-Grabber

It is perhaps possible to add support to your plugin for epubs/mobi files that are generated from these two specific programs that I've listed?

Again, thank you very very much for all your time and effort!!
vanessabluellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 07:50 AM   #68
kindlefere
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanessabluellie View Post
Hello!! Thank you for this super amazing plugin!!! It works really well on txt and docx files so far! But I've tried this plugin on multiple of my epubs and mobi files, but it failed to process and translate any of them...

I generate my epubs using two different programs: The Chrome Extension "WebToEpub" --> https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...mnifcnibaigelm

And the program called "Novelgrabber" --> https://github.com/Flameish/Novel-Grabber

It is perhaps possible to add support to your plugin for epubs/mobi files that are generated from these two specific programs that I've listed?

Again, thank you very very much for all your time and effort!!
Thanks for your feedback. Could you provide an error message for the problem you encountered while translating EPUB/MOBI files using the programs you listed?
Old 09-03-2023, 09:09 AM   #69
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Windows 10, 64bit.
I chose the batch mode to translate a whole book, input and output format: .docx. translation engine: ChatGPT.
The plugin ran about three quarters of an hour, and at first, everything seemed to be o. k.
Unluckily, at last I received this error message:
Code:
[Auto detect > German] Translating "Los renglones torcidos de Dios"
InputFormatPlugin: DOCX Input running
on C:\Users\Juerg\Dropbox\Public\Calibre\Torcuato Luca de Tena\Los renglones torcidos de Dios (1284)\Los renglones torcidos de Dios - Torcuato Luca de Tena.docx
Parsing all content...
Generating default TOC from spine...
Merging user specified metadata...
Detecting structure...
Auto generated TOC with 0 entries.
Flattening CSS and remapping font sizes...
Source base font size is 16.00000pt
Removing fake margins...
Cleaning up manifest...
Trimming unused files from manifest...
Creating DOCX Output...
Translating ebook content ... (this will take a while)
==============================
| Diagnosis Information
| Calibre Version: 6.25.0
| Plugin Version: v2.1.3
| Translate Engine: ChatGPT
| Source Language: Auto detect
| Target Language: German
| Cache Enabled: True
| Merging Length: 0
| Concurrent requests: 1
| Request Interval: 20
| Request Attempt: 3
| Request Timeout: 10.0
| Input Path: C:\Users\Juerg\Dropbox\Public\Calibre\Torcuato Luca de Tena\Los renglones torcidos de Dios (1284)\Los renglones torcidos de Dios - Torcuato Luca de Tena.docx
| Output Path: C:\Users\Juerg\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_be05ew_h\41ur6l8m.docx
  File "runpy.py", line 196, in _run_module_as_main
  File "runpy.py", line 86, in _run_code
  File "site.py", line 83, in <module>
  File "site.py", line 78, in main
  File "site.py", line 50, in run_entry_point
  File "calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 215, in main
  File "calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 150, in arbitrary_n
  File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.lib.conversion", line 108, in convert_book
  File "calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 1281, in run
  File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.lib.conversion", line 99, in convert
  File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.lib.translation", line 247, in handle
Exception: Translation failed.
I'm without a clue of what has happened and what I could do. But I wouldn't mind the failure, if I could only save the text until then translated. Is there a way?

Nevertheless, a great plugin, thanks a lot for it!
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 11:19 PM   #70
mimicxz
mimicxz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
TypeError: Argument must be bytes or unicode, got 'NoneType'

File "site.py", line 82, in <module>
File "site.py", line 77, in main
File "site.py", line 49, in run_entry_point
File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.lib.conversi on", line 108, in convert_book
File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.lib.conversi on", line 100, in convert
File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.lib.element" , line 298, in add_translations
File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.lib.element" , line 109, in add_translation
File "src/lxml/etree.pyx", line 833, in lxml.etree._Element.set
File "src/lxml/apihelpers.pxi", line 594, in lxml.etree._setAttributeValue
File "src/lxml/apihelpers.pxi", line 1539, in lxml.etree._utf8
TypeError: Argument must be bytes or unicode, got 'NoneType'

The Version I used are 2.1.2 and 2.1.3. Both got the error message.

When I translate book from Simplified Chinese to Traditional Chinese, If I keep the original text in the book, I can generate a complete epub. When I just output the traditional Chinese translation, the above error message will appear. How to solve this problem?

Best Regards,

Last edited by mimicxz; 09-04-2023 at 02:35 AM.
mimicxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 10:05 AM   #71
vanessabluellie
vanessabluellie began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Thanks for your feedback. Could you provide an error message for the problem you encountered while translating EPUB/MOBI files using the programs you listed?
Thank you for your response! Yes, of course, I was attempting to translate an EPUB and output the translation in the same EPUB format as well. Although the plugin executed and the translation was running smoothly, just when it finishes, an error message appears and fails to output any translation at all. Please see below:

Code:
-----------------------------------
Error: Failed to retrieve data from translate engine API.
Can not parse returned response. Raw data: 
  File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.engines.base", line 171, in get_result
  File "mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 257, in open
  File "mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 313, in _mech_open
mechanize._response.get_seek_wrapper_class.<locals>.httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 400: Bad Request
  File "site.py", line 83, in <module>
  File "site.py", line 78, in main
  File "site.py", line 50, in run_entry_point
  File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.lib.conversion", line 108, in convert_book
  File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.lib.conversion", line 99, in convert
  File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.lib.translation", line 246, in handle
Exception: Translation failed.
vanessabluellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 12:10 PM   #72
kindlefere
Enthusiast

@Leonatus @mimicxz @vanessabluellie

Thanks for all your feedback. We've tried to fix the errors based on the information you provided. Please download the updated version for testing, and feel free to provide further feedback.

Last edited by kindlefere; 09-09-2023 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-05-2023, 09:37 PM   #73
mimicxz
mimicxz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
@Leonatus @mimicxz @vanessabluellie

Thanks for all your feedback. We've tried to fix the errors based on the information you provided. Please download the updated version for testing, and feel free to provide further feedback.
It's working now.

Thanks,
mimicxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 02:46 AM   #74
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Confirm! Great! Thank you so much!

Nevertheless: In case of failure, would there be a chance to save the text translated until the point the failure happens?
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2023, 06:04 AM   #75
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Spoiler:
File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.components.engin e", line 66, in translate_text
File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.engines.deep l", line 125, in translate
File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.engines.base ", line 181, in get_result
Exception: Can not parse returned response. Raw data:
File "calibre_plugins.ebook_translator.engines.base ", line 171, in get_result
File "mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 257, in open
File "mechanize\_mechanize.py", line 313, in _mech_open
mechanize._response.get_seek_wrapper_class.<locals >.httperror_seek_wrapper: HTTP Error 400:

Hi,

Sometimes I wish I could use Deepl (free), as I don't have an API key. But it gives me the error above. Is that fixable?

Also, I guess this is by design, but I'd prefer if the Settings dialog could remember its last vertical size. The default height keeps resetting itself to 545px, though a min-height of 655px would be more comfortable IMO, as that's enough for displaying the new Manage cache option, see:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-09-06 06_53_07-Setting - Ebook Translator - v2.1.3.png
Views:	88
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	203584   Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-09-06 06_52_45-Setting - Ebook Translator - v2.1.3.png
Views:	86
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	203585  

Last edited by Comfy.n; 09-06-2023 at 07:11 AM.
Comfy.n is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, translate