Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-07-2022, 12:33 PM   #1
CyberPaul
Groupie
CyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Voyage - Tolino Vision 4 HD - Kobo Sage
kepub limitation?

Hi,
I have just realized that a kepub book I'm reading on my Sage does not allow me to access to latest chapters form the index. Those pages are normally accessible by either browsing the book sequentially or jumping ahead using the progress bar.
I tried the original epub book (before converting it to kepub) and the reader is showing correctly all the chapters.
Is this a limit of kepubs? Is Kobo unable to navigate fully a book through the index? If confirmed this is really a big unacceptable issue to me! How can you all accept this?
CyberPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 12:40 PM   #2
Desdinova
Eternal light
Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Desdinova ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Aura, Touch, H2O - now Aura One and Kindle Oasis 3
I think that may be an artefact from the conversion as I've just fired up a Kepub on my Sage and I can use the arrows to jump chapters on mine
Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2022, 01:07 PM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
I can certainly access anything in the index of kepubs, if it's properly formatted. Did you try with another book?
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 02:24 PM   #4
CyberPaul
Groupie
CyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheeseCyberPaul can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdinova View Post
I think that may be an artefact from the conversion as I've just fired up a Kepub on my Sage and I can use the arrows to jump chapters on mine
I can use arrows as well. The issue I raised was about the index. Did you try it?
Old 06-07-2022, 02:26 PM   #5
CyberPaul
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I can certainly access anything in the index of kepubs, if it's properly formatted. Did you try with another book?
I used calibre with Kobo touch extended driver, what could I have done wrong?
I will try other books
Advert
Old 06-07-2022, 02:58 PM   #6
CyberPaul
Groupie

update: I tried converting same book with individual conversion option, synchronized it using dropbox and it shows the entire index! So is this a fault of extended driver? Is there an option to set?
Old 06-07-2022, 03:13 PM   #7
CyberPaul
Groupie

new update:
I tried to remove the ebook and resend it and I got this:
Quote:
calibre, version 5.43.0
ERRORE: Errore: Errore di comunicazione col dispositivo

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 87, in run
File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 548, in _books
File "calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 2024, in books
apsw.CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
How can I fix it?
Old 06-07-2022, 03:14 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPaul View Post
new update:
I tried to remove the ebook and resend it and I got this:

How can I fix it?
That says your database is corrupt. Restore from a backup? Sign out and back in on your Kobo?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 03:29 PM   #9
CyberPaul
Groupie

I have no backup.
I will try sign out-in
Old 06-07-2022, 03:43 PM   #10
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
It's not a fault of the extended driver, as that's the way all my books were converted.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 03:44 PM   #11
CyberPaul
Groupie

It worked! Thanks!
And importing the ebook again it shows the entire index. So it was due to DB corruption.
Old 06-07-2022, 09:24 PM   #12
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
It worked! Thanks!
And importing the ebook again it shows the entire index. So it was due to DB corruption.
If you have Kobo Utilities installed, you might want to enable database backups for your Kobo. On the second page of the plugin customization dialog, check the backup option of your choice (daily or every connection), set the destination, copies to keep and, I would recommend, compress database with config files.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 02:34 AM   #13
CyberPaul
Groupie

I think daily backup works only if you connect the device at least once a day, right? Otherwise the backup is done at the first connection I guess.
How can restore be done if needed?
Old 06-08-2022, 03:12 AM   #14
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
I think daily backup works only if you connect the device at least once a day, right? Otherwise the backup is done at the first connection I guess.
The backup is done when the device is connect and calibre sees it. There are options for whether to do it only once on any day or each time the device is connected.

And of course, the backup can only be done when the device is connected to the computer running calibre. You will need to decide whether you want to connect just for a backup or only when you have other reasons to do it.
Quote:
How can restore be done if needed?
Just replace the database file on the device with the backup. When you disconnect, you should shutdown the device before doing anything else.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 12:12 PM   #15
CyberPaul
Groupie

What is the path of DB file?