Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 05:48 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Using Calibre and Scrivener...?

I'm looking for an accessible word processor.

Unfortunately, I have neurological problems that give me trouble with LibreOffice on the Mac, OpenOffice on the Mac, Pages, etc. And I need to do things, such as sort lists and fix certain broken formatting, which I can't do in Bean or Textedit. Scrivener looks like one possibility, but it's built around a specialized use-case where it brings related files into each project folder. Obviously that's at odds with importing related files into Calibre, tagging related files with each project, and removing or replacing some files from time to time.

Are there any tricks to make them work together?
Old 09-28-2016, 08:50 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@MarjaE - As I understand it Scrivener is a writers tool, so you might want to ask this in the Writer's Corner forum, where Scrivener users are more likely to hang out. Calibre users are more akin to typesetters and librarians, i.e. the back end of the business rather than the front end creators.

I can move this post there if that suits you. Or you can create a new thread over there and we can post a link to it in this thread and close this thread.

BR
Advert
Old 09-28-2016, 05:22 PM   #3
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@MarjaE - As I understand it Scrivener is a writers tool, so you might want to ask this in the Writer's Corner forum, where Scrivener users are more likely to hang out. Calibre users are more akin to typesetters and librarians, i.e. the back end of the business rather than the front end creators.

I can move this post there if that suits you. Or you can create a new thread over there and we can post a link to it in this thread and close this thread.

BR
Well... I need to gather and read research materials to write my own works. I need to be something of both. Which is why I'm considering using both. But if you think moving this would help, then please do.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:52 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@MarjaE - Then I definitely think it would be better if you copied your original post into new thread in Writer's Corner, with a link to this thread; if you let me know when you've created the new thread I'll post a link to your new thread in here as a moderator and close this thread.

I used an early version of Scrivener for a while. But for me at least, it became too elaborate. Now I use Evernote for research related tasks and Word for the writing stage, but I write essay like documents not commercial books.

BR
Old 09-29-2016, 04:03 PM   #5
MarjaE
Guru

Okay. Posted here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...13#post3402413
Advert
Old 09-29-2016, 04:13 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Moderator Notice
Thread closed - please respond to the link in the preceding post

Thanks BR
Closed Thread

Tags
calibre, scrivener