Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-24-2014, 02:40 AM   #16
FrontLineFodder
FrontLineFodder began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo AuraHD
I have a 64GB Sandisk UHD-1 MicroSD in my AuraHD.
First I cloned it from the original 4GB card. then resiced the data partition in another tool.
I had to use two different SD readers to get one to work, ended up using a simple usb stick microsdHC reader instead of my USB3 desktop reader.
After adding it back into the auraHD I did a factory reset to allow to device to reformat the data partition.
The device sees 64GB of space, however i only have 10GB of epubs & PDF's in there currently.
FrontLineFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 04:39 PM   #17
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
I was curious to see what would happen if a 32G card was filled up on the Aura as to me it seems to imply conflict with the firmware addressing,
I just dumped 45GB of books on a 64GB SDcard. The card is seen as 64GB (70% full) in linux and all 20 randomly tried files opened without a hitch on the external port of my Kobo Aura H2O
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2015, 06:14 PM   #18
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
I just dumped 45GB of books on a 64GB SDcard. The card is seen as 64GB (70% full) in linux and all 20 randomly tried files opened without a hitch on the external port of my Kobo Aura H2O
One friend of mine has replaced the internal uSD card in his Glo HD with a 64GB card. So far, it seems to be working okay but he is not close to the 32GB mark (he has about 20GB on the FAT32 partition). Given his love for manga, it'll take a couple of months more to get to the point where it will wrap around if 64GB is not supported.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 03:28 PM   #19
bordenr
bordenr began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Exclamation A bit about SD Cards

You have to be careful once you pass the 2 GB and 32 GB thresholds in SD cards. As shown here https://www.sdcard.org/consumers/sdxc_capabilities/ , regular SD Cards have a maximum capacity of 2 GB and will work on any SD reader. Up to 32 GB uses SDHC and requires a SDHC or SDXC reader (that is, regular SD readers won't work). Once you get into 64GB territory, only SDXC readers work, not SDHC or SD readers.

Therefore, if a Kobo says that its maximum capacity is 32 GB, it *probably* means that it uses the SDHC standard. If a partitioned SDXC card works in a Kobo, then it means that it has an SDXC card reader and, possibly, a software restriction built into the OS.
bordenr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 07:14 PM   #20
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Has anyone tried a 64G SDcard for Angor's android system? Most of my books (about 55G) are relatively large pdf format so I am thinking to replace the internal card with a 32G card and use a 64G in the external slot. Thank you.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2015, 07:43 PM   #21
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
This thread was the last one that I looked at on this, and some had 128GB cards working. Keep in mind they haven't shown what the actual usable capacity is.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 12-26-2015 at 07:50 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 09:10 PM   #22
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
This thread was the last one that I looked at on this, and some had 128GB cards working. Keep in mind they haven't shown what the actual usable capacity is.

Luck;
Ken
Thank you, Ken. Can I assume that if the cards work as we expected, then the dual booting is also supposed to work?
Old 12-26-2015, 09:24 PM   #23
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshzh View Post
Thank you, Ken. Can I assume that if the cards work as we expected, then the dual booting is also supposed to work?
Well... I don't think that there would need to be a change, in the way the device would be mounting the cards. So... if the cards work, and the dual booting works, it should continue to work on the larger cards.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 11:37 PM   #24
jshzh
Addict

Thanks for the reassurance, Ken. I will probably first try to replace the internal card with a 32G one from Pocketbook 602, while waiting for the 64G to be shipped.