Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #1
yhamm
Zealot
yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h20
How do you download drm free books from Kobo?

I just purchased the Wool omnibus from Kobo but cannot download the epub version (drm free). Clicking on the "download epub" button doesn't seem to do anything. However, the "ade epub" button works for other books that I have. Those just nicely open up into my Digital Editions folder. What am I doing wrong?
yhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #2
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhamm View Post
I just purchased the Wool omnibus from Kobo but cannot download the epub version (drm free). Clicking on the "download epub" button doesn't seem to do anything. However, the "ade epub" button works for other books that I have. Those just nicely open up into my Digital Editions folder. What am I doing wrong?
You need to choose a locattion to save the file too. It is not like a drm book where you would get an ascm file that then lets ADE retrieve the file. you will get the file directly.
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What I don't get is I click the preview link and then go to My Library and there is no link to download the preview.

As for DRM Free such as Wool, you just click the DOWNLOAD EPUB link and you get a requester that you use to select where to download to and what to name it as the name is a jumble of gibberish.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #4
yhamm
Zealot
yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yhamm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h20
It was an issue with IE9 security settings.

"To download files, Internet Explorer must create a cache or temporary file. In Internet Explorer 9, if the file is delivered over HTTPS, and any response headers are set to prevent caching, and if the Do not save encrypted pages to disk option is set, a cache file is not created. Therefore, the download fails."

It would have been helpful if IE9 told me why it wouldn't download instead of just refusing to do it. At least I learned something new today.
yhamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What I don't get is I click the preview link and then go to My Library and there is no link to download the preview.
I'm pretty sure the previews don't have Adobe DRM files (acsm files), they are only kepub files (Kobo ePub), and are meant to be read either in the various apps, desktop, instant reader, or e-Reader devices themselves, ie; download your Library to the device and it'll download the kepub file.

The only fully paid books that you don't tend to get Adobe DRM download links for are fixed layout content (comics, read-alongs - pretty much most things under the "Illustrated" category on the website).
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhamm View Post
It was an issue with IE9 security settings.

"To download files, Internet Explorer must create a cache or temporary file. In Internet Explorer 9, if the file is delivered over HTTPS, and any response headers are set to prevent caching, and if the Do not save encrypted pages to disk option is set, a cache file is not created. Therefore, the download fails."

It would have been helpful if IE9 told me why it wouldn't download instead of just refusing to do it. At least I learned something new today.
It's junk like this that makes it a very good idea to switch to Firefox and leave IE9 alone.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote