Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Question Question re: patch in 0.8.34

I just installed the current version and am particularly interested in the Kindle driver patch described in new features. I am a bit confused by this line, in particular:

Uploads the .apnx file to the sidecar folder if the setting is true

Must I manually change a setting from false to true? If so, where do I accomplish this?

Thank you.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
I just installed the current version and am particularly interested in the Kindle driver patch described in new features. I am a bit confused by this line, in particular:

Uploads the .apnx file to the sidecar folder if the setting is true

Must I manually change a setting from false to true? If so, where do I accomplish this?

Thank you.
there is a tick box in the Output Device driver (select model and click customize)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It doesn't need a setting, it should detect the newer kindle firmware automatically.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #4
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It doesn't need a setting, it should detect the newer kindle firmware automatically.
That makes sense but this statement is what confuses me:

The attach patch does the following:
* Adds an option to the Kindle 2/3/4 device settings to allow page number file uploads to the sidecar folder. Defaults to false to prevent confusion.
* Uploads the .apnx file to the sidecar folder if the setting is true.

It states that it defaults to false unless the setting is true. It sounds as though the setting must be changed (by me) to true.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:19 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Read the remaining comments on that bug report.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #6
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Read the remaining comments on that bug report.
Thank you, Kovid -- will do. It appears I may fall under the RTFM category.