Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 03-11-2024, 06:46 PM   #1
Julaw
Julaw began at the beginning.

Device: IPad
English and arabic ebook possible?

Hello Guys, nice to have found such a great forum.

ive always wondered if it would be possible to convert pdf´s that contain english and arabic sentences in it.

its always a pain when in convert the pdf the arabic font and letters are a complete mess but the english part is just fine.

i guess it has something to do with the right-to-left text direction and the font.
but i cant believe that since ebook there are no further development in that regard.

hope there is an solution to that problem.
best greetings
Julaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 09:30 PM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Welcome to MR!

First thing - ePub has absolutely nothing to do with PDFs, or their conversion. You need to use an OCR program that can differentiate between sections of a page so you can designate one area as English, another as Arabic, another as images, etc. I have used ABBYY Finereader in the past with pretty good results. It is probably better today, and their may even be other software that can do it better??

It is definitely possible to display both languages using the ePub format. There are several different methods this might be done... some easier and more widely supported than others. The best way to do it is dependent on your target device(s). eg Apple Books would probably use a different method than Kindle...
Turtle91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 06:45 PM   #3
Julaw
Julaw began at the beginning.

Device: IPad
thanks a lot!!! it really worked with ABBYY Finereader.
the only regret i have is not findind the forum much earlier, haha.
you really made my days.
Julaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 08:07 PM   #4
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Affwan
Turtle91 is online now   Reply With Quote