Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-14-2024, 03:32 AM   #91
Whallup
Whallup began at the beginning.

Device: none
Great Plugin! I like how you can set the text color of the translated text.. is there any method or any plans to change the original text color? I ask this for the sake of easier readability - being able to have black text for the translation while the original language is grey or a faded color would help me read the content easier without being tripped up.
Whallup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 07:27 AM   #92
Gil_Bates
Gil_Bates began at the beginning.

Device: Vivlio Touch Hd plus
how to resume fixing automatic translation mistakes ?

Hello

When working on a large book, and manually fixing the automatic translation mistakes, it clearly appears that this is not possible in a single session.

So, is it possible, ( and how ?) to interrupt the correcting job, then resume it for example the next day, while retaining the modifications made manually the day before and to carry on from last page done...

Thanks a lot
Gil_Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 04:38 AM   #93
kindlefere
Enthusiast
kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2
Thanks for your suggestion. The plugin just added the support for two columns reading for original and translation content. You can find this new feature in latest version v2.3.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nam Bui View Post
This plugin is really useful, and I appreciate the developers for creating it. However, when using it, I face some difficulties in quickly distinguishing between the original text and the translated text on e-ink devices based on color (especially on devices with only two colors, black and white). It would be great to have a border between the original text and the translated text (like a rectangular frame around the translated text). Alternatively, splitting the book page into two sides (left for the original text and right for the translated text) with a dividing line would be helpful. Another suggestion is to provide a quick way to switch between the original and translated text. Once again, thanks to the developers of this plugin, and have a great day, everyone!

An example of a bilingual book has a border in the middle separating the original paragraph from the translated paragraph:

An example of borders is that if we use the method of surrounding translated paragraphs with rectangles, we can customize the borders of those shapes to look beautiful and easily distinguishable from the original paragraph. Translated paragraphs will be added to one of those rectangles depending on your preference:
kindlefere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 04:44 AM   #94
kindlefere
Enthusiast
kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlefere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Jedi
Hello, your request frequency exceeds the limits of DeepL. via

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi View Post
Hello, thank you for the plugin.

I am trying to translate a book (Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets) and I got this message.

The translate engine I selected is DeepL (Free) and the engine API error kinda confuses me
Old 03-15-2024, 04:46 AM   #95
kindlefere
Enthusiast

The plugin just added the support to set the original text color. Please check the latest version v2.3.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whallup View Post
Great Plugin! I like how you can set the text color of the translated text.. is there any method or any plans to change the original text color? I ask this for the sake of easier readability - being able to have black text for the translation while the original language is grey or a faded color would help me read the content easier without being tripped up.
Old 03-15-2024, 04:57 AM   #96
kindlefere
Enthusiast

@Gil_Bates

If you enabled the cache during translation (default as enabled), all translation data including manual modifications will be saved in cache files. This will make sure no previous work get lost after reopen the plugin.

The cache setting locates at Setting -> General -> Cache. You can also change the path of the cache files in Cache Manager (via the Manage link aside) in case data get cleared from the default path by system.
Old 03-16-2024, 09:55 PM   #97
kindlefere
Enthusiast

Thanks for all your concern. We just released the new version v2.3.2. It now supports two columns (left/right) reading for original and translation content, and you can also customize the original context color now. For more new features, please find release note on GitHub.

Last edited by kindlefere; 03-17-2024 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-28-2024, 04:21 AM   #98
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlefere View Post
It now supports two columns (left/right) reading for original and translation content, and you can also customize the original context color now. [...]
Wow. Just... wow!

It looks incredibly good and in sync as the book gets scrolled through. I've set a justified alignment custom CSS in the ebook viewer, just to see how it looked - probably not a good idea when text is in german, yet it works really fine:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-03-28 04_51_53-Müdigkeitsgesellschaft Fatigue society [English] [EPUB] — E-book viewer.png
Views:	81
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	207209

Name:	2024-03-28 04_58_49-Müdigkeitsgesellschaft Fatigue society [English] [EPUB] — E-book viewer.png
Views:	62
Size:	180.7 KB
ID:	207210

The options to append target language to title metadata and target language code to language field are also awesome additions! I remember I had to add some 'translated' tags manually when I first used the plugin. By the way I noticed that the author name gets duplicated for some reason:

Name:	MWSnap 2024-03-28, 04_46_05.png
Views:	67
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	207211

Name:	MWSnap 2024-03-28, 04_41_17.png
Views:	66
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	207212

Also, this version seems unbelievably faster.

Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 06:41 AM   #99
kindlefere
Enthusiast

@Comfy.n

I'm glad that the new version gives you a better experience!

The issue of duplicated author names is caused by the metadata translation feature. I have fixed the issue you pointed out by not applying translations if they are the same as the original text.

You can install the Rolling Release version for this fix or wait for the next release version.

Please feel free to share any feedback with me if you encounter any issues.
Old 04-15-2024, 04:18 PM   #100
moby4me
moby4me began at the beginning.

Device: none
thank you very much. it works very well on windows 11. I like it.
moby4me is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, translate