Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-27-2015, 10:55 PM   #1
Naloomi
Building Better Worlds
Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.

Device: PRS-600, 3G Kindle Keyboard, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, Paperwhite 2
Smile Kindle Paperwhite Cover / Case

Happy Holidays all!

Just picked up a Paperwhite for a friend for Christmas, and she wants a case for it (which I'm buying for her for her Birthday next month). Like me she is a dork/geek and wants to showcase that on her cover.

Here is the issue: She does not want a case that uses the 'elastic straps' to hold her new Kindle in place. She would prefer the either interior pocket or the hard plastic insert that holds the Kindle in place.

Browsing etsy, geekify, etc, is only finding me the ones with elastic straps. Looking for something along the lines of Supernatural, Charmed, etc. for the cover, but with the correct inserts.

Does anyone know of any sites that might offer what I'm looking for? I've found a couple basic cases that would be 'acceptable' on Amazon, but nothing 'geeky' like she wants.

Thank you!!

Chris
Naloomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 11:15 PM   #2
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
They have a TON of Cases on Amazon ALL PW are the same in size so just pick one!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2015, 02:17 AM   #3
gmercator
Enthusiast
gmercator possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timegmercator possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timegmercator possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timegmercator possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timegmercator possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timegmercator possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timegmercator possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timegmercator possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timegmercator possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timegmercator possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Timegmercator possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: PW2, PW3, Fire 7, Fire HD8
I bought one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JP7R7DC

but it is fairly plain, though works very well.. it's made by inateck

The other 2 brands frequently mentioned (other than going with the very pricey Amazon cases) are fintie and omoton

You might look at these:

http://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Kindle-...e+charmed+case

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ton&pldnSite=1

Those don't have any straps since the PW3 snaps into the form-fitting case

Be sure to look at all the colors/designs

Perhaps someone else here who is "in the know" will have something better to suggest

Good Luck!
gmercator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 02:39 AM   #4
disconnected
Fanatic
disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.disconnected ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra, H2O2e2, Clara, Auras, Kindles, Nooks, Sony, iPAQ
One idea that was posted here a while back is to get an inexpensive plain smooth cover and buy a skin from DecalGirl.com (there are skins for every taste, including geeky). The skin for the bezel can be used or not, as desired, and the part for the back of the ereader can instead be put onto the cover. If she gets bored with it the skin can be removed without damaging the case at all.

There are a few pictures in this thread --
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=decal&page=6
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 08:48 AM   #5
Naloomi
Building Better Worlds
Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.

Device: PRS-600, 3G Kindle Keyboard, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
They have a TON of Cases on Amazon ALL PW are the same in size so just pick one!
I'm aware Katie1. Just none of them let her show her geek side, which is also what she wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmercator View Post
- She says it's too basic.

- I have looked at these. It's what lead me to this one - http://www.amazon.com/Fintie-Kindle-...perwhite+cover that she says is 'acceptable'. But again, it doesn't let her show her geek side, which is the ultimate goal here (other than protection).

Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected View Post
One idea that was posted here a while back is to get an inexpensive plain smooth cover and buy a skin from DecalGirl.com (there are skins for every taste, including geeky). The skin for the bezel can be used or not, as desired, and the part for the back of the ereader can instead be put onto the cover. If she gets bored with it the skin can be removed without damaging the case at all.

There are a few pictures in this thread --
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...t=decal&page=6
- That's actually quite an excellent suggestion, and a great idea to boot!

Thank you for the assistance. I do like the idea from disconnected. She is going to look at those designs while at work today.

Chris
Naloomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2016, 09:50 AM   #6
kenjikama
kenjikama began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
I have a question because people help : My Kindle 6" Glare-Free Touchscreen Display $79 have automatically wake your Kindle or put it to sleep by simply opening or closing the cover.
Thank you and Happy new year !!!!
kenjikama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
case, cover, kindle paper white