Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-17-2017, 10:29 PM   #1
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Cover of book not showing on Kindle Oasis 2

Sorry if this been talked about before.

I noticed the book covers are not showing on some of my books I am just seeing a generic image with the book name on it.

I know there is a cover image for I did not have this problem before I reset my device. Like 1/4 of my library is like this. Not a big deal but kinda annoys me. Is there a fix to this? I just find it really odd

Thanks
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 03:59 AM   #2
anxobaltar
Enthusiast
anxobaltar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Oasis 9th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
Sorry if this been talked about before.

I noticed the book covers are not showing on some of my books I am just seeing a generic image with the book name on it.

I know there is a cover image for I did not have this problem before I reset my device. Like 1/4 of my library is like this. Not a big deal but kinda annoys me. Is there a fix to this? I just find it really odd

Thanks
I had the same problem and I realized that the covers that are not seen were only those that had bad resolution, below 300x300. When changing the image was fixed, using calibre...

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk
anxobaltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2017, 09:03 AM   #3
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I have a few pages of books in my library, on my Oasis that don't have covers. I think those were some of the first I downloaded. Those are all straight from Amazon, no sideloading. Anything I have downloaded since has covers. Not sure what the difference was. Those covers always had covers on all my other kindles. I think I am going to delete them and download them again to see. This was when I downloaded them in the first couple of days after getting my Oasis.

eta: I tried a few of them and yes, if I delete them and download them again from my Oasis, they now have a cover. I have like 50 of those so I'll just go one by one, so I know what they were.

Last edited by Atunah; 12-18-2017 at 09:09 AM.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:41 AM   #4
Plumadona
Groupie
Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Plumadona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle HD6, Kindle PW2, Sony PRS-T1, Nook NE1
I’ve just seen the same thing on mine. After loading all my books, some were missing covers and needed a second or third try later. The only ones that didn’t load were some sideloaded covers with small images and one or two odd covers.
Plumadona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:11 PM   #5
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Odd. I did another reset and some downloaded but others went away LOL I gave up
Advert
Old 01-01-2018, 09:47 PM   #6
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
The oasis 2 goes automatically where it thinks you will start reading.
This could be either on, or after the introduction (after the TOC).

If you open the book, and go back in the book, your first page may show blank, if the book cover is quite large; it might take a while to load (perhaps 5-10 seconds); but it should load.

The Oasis doesn't open books from the actual page one, but rather from the introduction, or first chapter.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:41 PM   #7
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
The oasis 2 goes automatically where it thinks you will start reading.
This could be either on, or after the introduction (after the TOC).

If you open the book, and go back in the book, your first page may show blank, if the book cover is quite large; it might take a while to load (perhaps 5-10 seconds); but it should load.

The Oasis doesn't open books from the actual page one, but rather from the introduction, or first chapter.
You are not understanding. We are talking about the thumbnails that show the book cover not the cover photo inside the book
Old 01-12-2018, 03:59 PM   #8
HLS
Wizard

I purchased a basic kindle as a companion to my Oasis and 50% of the thumbnail images did not show. I deregistered it then reloaded it and then none of the thumbnails showed up. I went and switched to list view then back to image view and poof my thumbnail covers were there. How odd is that. It never worked doing it before. So annoying
Old 01-19-2018, 05:56 AM   #9
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Are you talking about books you sideloaded, or books you synced?

Did you check the settings if the library is at tiles view rather than list view?
(do settings>>all settings>>device options>>advanced settings>>Home Screen View: set to 'on' )

Edit: never mind, seems like you found it.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 01:16 PM   #10
gala13002
gala13002 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 32gb
So, I may have some help for those missing book covers (books purchased from Amazon). I recently got a Kindle Oasis 32gb and have had quite the time trying to load my large library onto it. So I thought I would share...

I too was experiencing missing book covers (thumbnails) on downloaded books and tried a bunch of different things including:
- toggling back and forth between All and Downloaded
- restarting the kindle
- toggling back and forth between List and Grid views
- deregistering the device and registering again
- deleting the book off the kindle and adding again

None of these worked all of the time. What I have noticed goes back to another users post on this site regarding loading large libraries onto the kindle:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=291838

In this user's post, they mention how to check if the Kindle is actively indexing your books and/or if the indexing is stuck. Check out this post for steps on how to check if the kindle is actively indexing. I found that if there are more than approx 40-45 titles listed as 'books to be indexed' that the kindle covers will not show up when you are scrolling through the 'ALL' section / downloading books.

I bought the Oasis 32gb to accommodate my large library, and it is very unfortunate that you really can't download large libraries in one swoop (especially if you want the thumbnail covers). As a reference, I have approximately 3500 books in my library. It really is just a download part of your library and wait game....

Hope this helps!
gala13002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:31 AM   #11
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
HarryT's advice was spot on, but I still have problems with docs and bundles not loading their book covers. The docs are not surprising since they were sideloaded or emailed, but the purchased bundles not showing covers is disappointing. Another thing besides downloading slowly that I found helpful was to let the new Kindle preload book covers before downloading anything. I just thumbed through my library in the cloud to spawn covers.

Cheers!
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 10:50 PM   #12
azayn
Groupie
azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.azayn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nova 3, Galaxy S22+, iPad
I had that problem with a side loaded book and was able to fix it by editing the metadata in Calibre. Once I replaced the ISBN with the Amazon ASIN, it was able to download the cover from Amazon and the thumbnail loaded correctly on my Kindle.
azayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 11:24 AM   #13
Lorilori
Lorilori began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 32gb
I have EXACTLY the same problem on my kindle oasis 2, 32gb 3G.
Its a real pain.
No cover art showing for audible books. (Nothing is sideloaded or any of that. Just straight bought audible books.). Kindle books show cover art.

If anyone knows how to fix this please put the answer on here.
Amazon have so far been no help.
Lorilori is offline   Reply With Quote