Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-11-2015, 06:40 AM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Thumbs up Free (nook/Kindle/Kobo/iTunes) The Silver Collection [Literary Stories w/Author Note]

The Silver Collection by popular British novelist Carole Matthews (Wikipedia) is an 18th anniversary mini-collection of her contemporary/literary fiction shorts (may have romantic elements) out to celebrate the publication of her 25th book , free courtesy of publisher Hachette's Little Brown Group division's Sphere imprint.

The author includes some introductory notes explaining the context behind the writing of each story, which is a rather nice bonus, in addition to getting this freebie giveaway (Hachette normally charges money for her standalone shorts).

Apparently, she regularly writes romantic comedy novels that make the mainstream bestseller lists, but a customer review seems to indicate that these are not dedicated romance shorts, and the Gentle Reader should not expect an HEA.

Currently free @ B&N UK (doesn't exist in the main store yet), Amazon (available to Canadians & in the UK), Kobo #1 & #2 (both these links are valid for Canada, but only one of them works in the UK and I've forgotten which it is, sorry), iTunes UK (doesn't exist in the North American stores yet) & Google Play (available to Canadians).

Incidentally, one of her e-book exclusive short stories is available at a dirt cheap probably-glitch $0.02 from various venues in Canada, at least: Sunshine, with a Chance of Snow: A Twenty-Minute Treat From Carole Matthews, if you're interested (£0.99 in the UK)

Description
The publication of my novel, The Christmas Party, has seen me celebrating a career that has spanned twenty-five books and eighteen years. Yet it seems like only yesterday when I had my first book, Let's Meet on Platform 8, published. I'm so lucky to have an enthusiastic and devoted following of readers - some who've stayed with me from the very beginning and some who are recent converts. Without you reading and enjoying my books, I would never have had the fabulous career I've been blessed with. We make a great team!

I thought it would be nice for you all to join the celebration with me and to offer a small token of my thanks and appreciation for all your support over the years. I love writing short stories and that's what helped to get me started on this road so I've put together a collection of a few of my favourites that have interspersed the last twenty-five books. Each one is very special to me for a different reason and has lovely memories. I hope you enjoy them too. Find half an hour to curl up on the sofa with them and raise a glass to toast twenty-five books and us!

Cheers!

Carole xx
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
expired freebie