Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Other Books

Notices

Old 05-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
50 page notebook, v0.02, 2012.05.23

It's not really a book, but a classic 50 page notebook.
(just a white page with lines)
It's made for devices with a touchscreen or stylus pen, preferably color screen (but not necessary), and 640x480 pixel resolution or higher.

You have 50 dual sided pages (100 screens) to make notes upon.
I actually made this for the Jetbook Color, but perhaps other devices will accept this format too!

I'll see if I can make more formats available.

See thumbnail as example page.

2012.05.23 Update 0.02:
- Added 640x480 PDF Notebook , with large linespacing (10 lines)
- Added 640x480 PDF Steno Pad, large linespacing (10 lines)
- Added 648x480 PDF Yellow Pad, small linespacing (15 lines)
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	example page.gif
Views:	1780
Size:	4.0 KB
ID:	86766   Click image for larger version

Name:	01a.GIF
Views:	1750
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	86779  
Attached Files
File Type: rar Notebook 50Pg v0.02.pdf.rar (64.7 KB, 1853 views)

Last edited by ProDigit; 05-23-2012 at 09:22 PM.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I can see some entertaining uses for this. When are we going to see the exclusive ProDigit diary with doodles?
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #3
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm looking at some diaries patterns, backgrounds and page layouts.
I don't even know where to start... Problem is most photo backgrounds are copyrighted.
I need to find a place where I can find nice diary backgrounds for free, something in the open source section or something...
Old 05-23-2012, 04:09 PM   #4
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm assuming you'd want them to be fairly low on the compressed size range.

Are you looking for something just in the border image or are you open to other ideas? I could peruse some personal photos and doctor them appropriately (i.e. crop, desaturate, and scale accordingly) into more abstract or at least less-instrusive scenic backdrops. .
Old 05-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #5
ProDigit
Karmaniac

Yes, I can watermark photo's to become less visible.
Of course the book will become JPEGS,no longer the smaller gif format.
My wife's a photographer,she has some nice effect backgrounds she can share.
I'm still looking into options.
When I looked into diaries, I found 4 main types of them:

1- the simple one with just a color cover and white or colored plain papers (with or without lines)
2- Same as above, but with a border design on each page, leaving the center plain or with lines.
3- The one with a watermark as background photo (like a thinned out, semi-transparent photo), with or without lines.
4- Or watermark photo and page border decoration.

Of them, there are those that :
1- Have a single design throughout the whole book
2- Change design with every season, or every month
3- Have a same layout, or design, with different colors every so many pages
4- Have a different layout, different colors every x-pages

Either way those kinds of diaries take up long time to design, as well as should I create a 365 page design or more or less?
All these questions make me realize I don't have the time to be investigating and doing the project alone, by myself.

I could create a simple one, but what's the difference between a book with a soft pink background, and black or red lines and the notebook I just created?

I'm open to discussion, perhaps someone is able to convince me, but the way I see it now, is that it'll take a lot of my time, and I don't have the vision to be burdening something that takes that much of time, if it only can be used by a handful of people (if you get what I mean). Surely, if I had more time, or help, I'd make it!

Last edited by ProDigit; 05-23-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Advert
Old 05-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #6
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Well the difference is some people like writing on something else. Me, I like a steno pad so the old-school red-border and blue lines suits my taste.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #7
ProDigit
Karmaniac

I can build a steno pad in an hour or so, as long as it's without page numbers.
I'm currently working on a notebook like this one, for 640x480 pixels and see if it'll work out on the Jetbook Color.
Large spacing seems to work perfectly!

Last edited by ProDigit; 05-23-2012 at 05:24 PM.

Tags
minute book, noteblock, notebook, notepad, scratchbook