Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-17-2010, 11:27 PM   #1
CyberpunkDad
Neuromancer Fanboi
CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3 / 3G
Anyone own this Hand Made Leather Kindle 3 Case?

Looks delish. Seriously thinking of buying due to its simple, minimal design and the fact that the craftsmanship looks amazing. Curious if anyone else had one. Link here.

Last edited by CyberpunkDad; 11-18-2010 at 10:03 AM.
CyberpunkDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:36 PM   #2
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
That is actually what I planned on getting for my K3 last month, but I went with the Pad & Quill case (also on Etsy) instead. We'll see if I made a good choice, once my case arrives ... Oh who am I kidding, I'll probably end up getting this one too eventually. I have a bit of a case addiction. I think I had 5 or 6 different cases for my K2.
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2010, 11:44 PM   #3
CyberpunkDad
Neuromancer Fanboi
CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CyberpunkDad has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

LOL exer! Can't wait to hear how you like the Pad & Quill. It's been tempting me as well.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:00 AM   #4
schechow
schechow began at the beginning.

Device: K3
I am in China now. Usually a kindle-3 leather case is sold at 5$.
schechow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 02:19 AM   #5
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
good looking case! do you think you could re-size the picture at all?

welcome to the forums!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2010, 04:12 AM   #6
ScoutPilot
Enthusiast
ScoutPilot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Pocket, Kindle 2, Kindle 3 3G+WiFi
Very nice, I like it's simplicity and that it's a slip case....but the price is pretty hefty. I may give in if I keep looking at it. Great find!!
ScoutPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 10:05 AM   #7
CyberpunkDad
Neuromancer Fanboi

Resized. I agree the price is hefty. But when I consider that there are more expensive cases out there of lesser quality... be that as it may, its a hard decision for me to spend that kind of money on any case. I mean it's a third of the cost of a 3G model for cry eye.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:56 AM   #8
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I got a really nice leather case by mCover on Amazon for $9.99. I really like it.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 01:07 AM   #9
ScoutPilot
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I got a really nice leather case by mCover on Amazon for $9.99. I really like it.
Excellent case. Just saw the video review of this one. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on this one. Thanks!
Old 11-19-2010, 06:50 AM   #10
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Hope you like it. The company is really nice, they sent me a free hard shell case for the K3. I don't like it, though. Love the leather case!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 04:51 PM   #11
tcreek
Enthusiast
tcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheesetcreek can extract oil from cheese

Device: kindle 3
A great cover plus several Kindle accessories for $13.99.
This cover is all that anyone could desire.
Don't be mislead by the low price. Most covers are greatly overpriced.

http://www.crazyondigital.com/kindle-3.html
tcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:47 PM   #12
CyberpunkDad
Neuromancer Fanboi

After bemoaning the cost, going back and forth looking at different designs, I decided that I really wanted this case, and looking at Paypal, saw I had some play money from some advertising, so I decided to order it. Will post a review when it gets here.
Old 11-28-2010, 03:15 AM   #13
ScoutPilot
Enthusiast

I just got my mcover the other day. One word....AWESOME!
Old 11-29-2010, 10:45 PM   #14
CyberpunkDad
Neuromancer Fanboi

Talking

Just wanted to post a followup. I received my leather case today from New Zealand. I am over the moon excited with it. It's so nice to see actual thick leather that feels and smells like what you would expect leather to be like.

The craftsmanship on this case is amazing. Lives up to the expectations one might have of a fine piece of hand crafted leatherwork. The K3 slides in nice and easy and the flap secures it in a loving embrace.

I've included a bunch of photos. Links to full size ones (18mp sorry), are available below each for those who really want a detailed look at things. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Pic #1:

[Big Picture #1]

Pic #2:

[Big Picture #2]

Pic #3:

[Big Picture #3]

Pic #4:

[Big Picture #4]

Pic #5:

[Big Picture #5]

Pic #6:

[Big Picture #6]

Pic #7:

[Big Picture #7]

Pic #8:

[Big Picture #8]

I hope you enjoyed this update, I know I'll be enjoying this case for a long, long time.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:53 PM   #15
CyberpunkDad
Neuromancer Fanboi

Sorry for some of the excessive flash on a few of those photos. Color is more true on the later Pic #5, #7 & #8.

Tags
case, handmade, kindle 3, leather