Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-15-2018, 05:30 AM   #421
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbruce1314 View Post
Or not . . . . .
For KFX, that's what I've seen at the blog and GitHub. And I think that's good.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 05:15 AM   #422
Jo69
Addict
Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo. Samsung Galaxy Tab. Kindle 4 2011
I have stuck with the 1.17 version of the kindle App on my pc and tablet.
So far I can still convert.
However I find when I press sync some of the older books I have deleted in Amazon do not go.
Jo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 12:57 PM   #423
JamesJOMeara
JamesJOMeara began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello all!

This may be a Microsoft question, but here goes:

I've installed the various plugins to convert books in the new Kindle format to something Calibre can read. However, when trying to open my first, 'test' book, I got a message saying Windows 7 did not know what program to open it with. Since Calibre was not on the list of programs to associate, I chose Kindle. As a result, it opened Kindle for PC, and placed a copy of the book there (even though another copy was there already, the one I was trying to convert!).

Even if I knew how to change the association, I wouldn't want to lose the use of Kindle for PC (I only wanted to use Calibre as a backup, not my main reader). I haven't seen anyone mention this problem, or this step in installing the plugins. Any assistance would be welcome! TIA.
JamesJOMeara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 01:18 PM   #424
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesJOMeara View Post
I've installed the various plugins to convert books in the new Kindle format to something Calibre can read. However, when trying to open my first, 'test' book, I got a message saying Windows 7 did not know what program to open it with.
See "Viewing books in KFX format" in the KFX Input plugin documentation.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 01:41 PM   #425
JamesJOMeara
JamesJOMeara began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
See "Viewing books in KFX format" in the KFX Input plugin documentation.
Thanks, sounds right (I was clicking on the preview window as usual); will try as soon as I'm back home.
JamesJOMeara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 01:17 AM   #426
ynishi
ynishi began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 4
Thanks to open checksum of kindle ver 17.0 binary!
I could find to be able to trust one, and success to run in wine.
ynishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 10:37 AM   #427
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
I'm using Method 1 Kindle for the Mac for both the Amazon Australian and Japanese store. I just realised that Mac doesn't let you have two versions of Kindle for Mac with two different stores on the same computer. Macs do allow you to have multiple versions of Kindle for Mac on the one computer but they will all open the one store. Has anyone worked out how to have two or more Kindle for Mac's on the one computer but registered with different stores?

Luckily I have two different mac computers so I can have one store on each computer but if someone knows how to have two stores on the one computer please let me know. I could keep on de-registering and registering I suppose...Not sure if its possible to have multiple copies on Windows either or if it only lets you have one copy on the computer...

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 12:29 PM   #428
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukami View Post
Has anyone worked out how to have two or more Kindle for Mac's on the one computer but registered with different stores?
Using two different user accounts would probably work.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:22 PM   #429
Inukami
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Using two different user accounts would probably work.
Yeah. Unfortunately my accounts are linked so that won't work for me. I will just de-register/register or use one on each computer.

Another question. I noticed that my collections haven't sync'd from my iPad/iPhone/Web to Kindle for Mac. Is this because I'm using an older version of Kindle for Mac? Or should they have sync'd? Do the collections transfer/sync when you use the most recent version of Kindle for Mac (1.23.2) from the App store using Method 2?

Thanks

Inukami
Old 08-07-2018, 07:11 PM   #430
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukami View Post
Another question. I noticed that my collections haven't sync'd from my iPad/iPhone/Web to Kindle for Mac. Is this because I'm using an older version of Kindle for Mac? Or should they have sync'd? Do the collections transfer/sync when you use the most recent version of Kindle for Mac (1.23.2) from the App store using Method 2?
No version of Kindle for Mac or PC supports collections that sync with your Amazon account.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 09:38 AM   #431
Inukami
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
No version of Kindle for Mac or PC supports collections that sync with your Amazon account.
Thanks for the confirmation. Good to know I wasn't doing something wrong.

Inukami
Old 08-19-2018, 01:11 AM   #432
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Anyone had any issues with using method 2 on a Windows machine with Kindle 1.24.3 (51068)? I did the rename of renderer-test.exe on my computer and it seems to be fine but one of my acquaintances says that it did not work on her computer. I suspect a PEBKAC error but any feedback would be appreciated before I take a look at her computer in the next week.

Edit: I removed the last couple of books in my Kindle library, closed the Kindle app, renamed renderer-text.dnu back to renderer-test.exe, downloaded the removed books and they came through as KFX. Removed the downloaded books, closed the Kindle app, re-renamed renderer-test.exe, opened the Kindle app, downloaded the books and they showed up as .azw. I'm definitely leaning to user error as the problem.

Edit 2: I had the chance to check the computer and the renderer-test.exe had not been renamed. The renamed to renderer-test.xee from the previous install was still there and the assumption was made that this made everything okay.

Last edited by DNSB; 08-21-2018 at 11:11 PM. Reason: see edit.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:59 PM   #433
b2crunk
b2crunk began at the beginning.

Thumbs up Install KFX Input and Output Plugins, Then Install/Use DeDRM

I did the following with Kindle PC version 1.24.x and was able to successfully convert the new .KFX Kindle book files to .Epub using DeDRM.

1. Install Calibre

2. Install KFX Input and Output plugins separately using the "Get new plugins" option in the Plugins section. Search for KFX, you should find an input and output plugin. Install them both.

3. Install the 3rd party DeDRM plugin file as instructed using "Load plugin from file" option in the plugin section. Get the DeDRM plugin from https://github.com/apprenticeharper/...tools/releases

Hopefully this works for you'll. Thanks!
b2crunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 12:17 PM   #434
olivier74
olivier74 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Still in KFX-ZIP

That didn't work for me. The book was imported as a KFX-ZIP file. What could have gone wrong? I am using the latest version of everything (all updated today).
olivier74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 12:24 PM   #435
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by olivier74 View Post
That didn't work for me. The book was imported as a KFX-ZIP file. What could have gone wrong? I am using the latest version of everything (all updated today).
What platform are you? PC / Mac ???
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k4pc, kindle for pc