Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-23-2016, 06:43 AM   #166
hyphenreader
Connoisseur
hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: iPhone [Hyphen Reader]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian1944 View Post
Is there any chance of the upgraded version be available soon. The lack of an ability to change the page turn options is frustrating.
I was waiting keenly for this new version, liking the reading experience on the current one,(apart from that one frustration). The delay, and the recent silence here, unlike earlier, means that I am getting more and more familiar with other competing readers, and the eventual release may be too late.
Yes, actually - I've submitted 1.2 to Apple! Provided review complete quickly it will be available soon.
hyphenreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 11:29 PM   #167
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
YAY! I've been singing its praises to anyone who will listen, and hopefully some, at least, will buy it
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2016, 03:17 PM   #168
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyphenreader View Post
Yes, actually - I've submitted 1.2 to Apple! Provided review complete quickly it will be available soon.
Apple needs to get into high gear! Doesn't Apple know your fans are waiting for the update?? Hmm ... maybe they do ... that could be the problem.

Will beta testing stop when 1.2 is out? Or, will we have never-ending improvement and think up stuff for you to do in your spare time?
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 08:09 PM   #169
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyTX View Post
Apple needs to get into high gear! Doesn't Apple know your fans are waiting for the update??
Yes, Apple! Avid readers are anxiously awaiting Hyphen 1.2!
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:14 PM   #170
hyphenreader
Connoisseur
hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.hyphenreader solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Quick update about 1.2:

Thanks for your patience everyone. There have been a two hitches in the review process so far, one of which was due to Apple mis-reviewing a build, which means I'm having to contest it via resolution center, and now having to re-submit it again... They've realized their mistake, though, and hopefully everything will be resolved soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyTX View Post
Will beta testing stop when 1.2 is out? Or, will we have never-ending improvement and think up stuff for you to do in your spare time?
The beta is for all intents and purposes over. The app will stop working shortly after the release (within a few days).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
YAY! I've been singing its praises to anyone who will listen, and hopefully some, at least, will buy it
Thanks, kyteflyer.
Advert
Old 09-08-2016, 10:56 AM   #171
hyphenreader
Connoisseur

Hyphen 1.2 is hitting the App Store this upcoming Sunday (the 11th, which is also just before iOS 10 hits)!
Old 09-09-2016, 12:59 AM   #172
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Last edited by odamizu; 09-11-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:32 AM   #173
odamizu
just an egg

Just downloaded 1.2 from the App Store!

@hyphenreader: Congrats and
Old 09-11-2016, 11:42 AM   #174
hyphenreader
Connoisseur

The 1.2 release of Hyphen is now out!

This is Hyphen's biggest update so far, with iPad & iPhone Syncing, Customizable Gestures, ePub 3 footnote support, and much more.

I'm very excited to finally release this version. Let me know if you have any questions or feedback!
Old 09-11-2016, 11:43 AM   #175
hyphenreader
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Just downloaded 1.2 from the App Store!

@hyphenreader: Congrats and
Awesome! Thanks odamizu.
Old 09-11-2016, 02:00 PM   #176
adrian1944
Connoisseur
adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Imac, iPhone SE, iPad Air 2, Ipad Mini, Ipad Pro, Sony 650.
Adjust brightness

Very pleased to have new version, if only for left gesture control. Can someone help me with the brightness control. I have found the setting but none of the three options seem to do anything. I can understand none but do not know what the other two are meant to mean. Can we not have an on/off where on means a vertical swipe changes brightness.

I have been waiting for this option since I have been near posting before, after failing to find any way to adjust brightness in any of the settings.
adrian1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 02:08 PM   #177
hyphenreader
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian1944 View Post
Very pleased to have new version, if only for left gesture control. Can someone help me with the brightness control. I have found the setting but none of the three options seem to do anything. I can understand none but do not know what the other two are meant to mean. Can we not have an on/off where on means a vertical swipe changes brightness.

I have been waiting for this option since I have been near posting before, after failing to find any way to adjust brightness in any of the settings.
You can use a vertical swipe while reading to adjust brightness. The three option allow you to control how brightness is adjusted.

The app-only option means a vertical swipe affects only the brightness while reading, it's more of a darkened overlay over the text. On the other hand, system-only adjusts the brightness of your device's screen itself, so you'll notice a change everywhere, not just in Hyphen.
Old 09-12-2016, 04:26 PM   #178
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have a new request, for v 1.3. IN itunes, theres the possibility to save out downloaded content (ie books) from Stanza, which I always used to do (I'm a re-reader extraordinaire!) I havent yet found a way to do that with Hyphen. Am I missing something?
Old 09-12-2016, 05:04 PM   #179
hyphenreader
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I have a new request, for v 1.3. IN itunes, theres the possibility to save out downloaded content (ie books) from Stanza, which I always used to do (I'm a re-reader extraordinaire!) I havent yet found a way to do that with Hyphen. Am I missing something?
You can email the ePubs, but you'd have to do it individually currently. In list mode you can swipe on a book, tap more, and then tap 'Email this ePub'. With tiled mode you just need to touch and hold and then tap 'Email this ePub'.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:58 AM   #180
kyteflyer
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyphenreader View Post
You can email the ePubs, but you'd have to do it individually currently. In list mode you can swipe on a book, tap more, and then tap 'Email this ePub'. With tiled mode you just need to touch and hold and then tap 'Email this ePub'.
OK. Maybe I'll just download out of Hyphen, get them into Calibre and take it from there. IN the meantime, email will be fine. Thanks for that.

Tags
ebook, epub, hyphen, ibooks, ios