Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-13-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
Talking Woo hoo! My Thrive 7 just shipped!

It should be delivered either Thursday or Friday. I'm really looking forward to the higher resolution screen.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:39 AM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
How much did you pay for yours? (If you don't mind me asking)
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2011, 06:26 AM   #3
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

$379 + tax, but the shipping from B&H was free. I looked at ordering from Toshiba directly, but they were charging for shipping on top of the $379 + tax.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
Cheeky1
A Happy Pelican
Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cheeky1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 1, iPad 3, iPad Air, iPhone 5s, Kindle Fire HD, Google Nexus 7
Sweet! Enjoy your new toy
Cheeky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:07 PM   #5
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
It should be delivered either Thursday or Friday. I'm really looking forward to the higher resolution screen.
Congrats on a great purchase!

The Thrive has the only 7" 8:5 aspect ration screen I know of. Let us know how you like it. I have a feeling it will make a great ereader at 13.3 ounces.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2011, 08:32 PM   #6
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek

It was delivered today. So far I've charged it and installed the Amazon App Store and the Kindle App. The screen is gorgeous and the rubber-y back makes for a very comfortable grip. I can't wait to read with this.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #7
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek

And now I haz a sad

I can't get the Thrive to show up as a USB drive on my Mac. So far the only Android USB driver I found on the 'Net for osx doesn't work. I'm disappointed in Toshiba....
Old 12-17-2011, 12:52 AM   #8
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
If its like the ten inch thrive, it shows up on windows pcs as a mtp device, not ums. Is there a way for macs to use mtp? There's a workaround for linux.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:10 AM   #9
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek

Yeah, it's like the 10 incher. After a few re-installs and reboots I finally got the Android USB/MTP driver for OS X working. Now, on to the Windows 7 version!
I love the screen on this thing. I hope the battery life gets better after a few charge cycles; it went dead in 90 minutes while I was trying to get the driver going.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:14 PM   #10
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Cool, the thrive 7" looks like a great device.

Question why are you trying to connect via USB? I rarely if ever connect my device to a PC. Apps like ES Explorer can access files over a file share. also apps with DLNA can access video and pictures over the WiFi as well.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 05:30 PM   #11
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek

Quote:
Question why are you trying to connect via USB? I rarely if ever connect my device to a PC. Apps like ES Explorer can access files over a file share. also apps with DLNA can access video and pictures over the WiFi as well.
Because I haven't been able to get ES Explorer to connect to my Mac yet.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:35 PM   #12
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
Because I haven't been able to get ES Explorer to connect to my Mac yet.
ES Explorer connects to windows(smb) and ftp. It's easiest if you setup a Folder(share) to use the SMB protocol.

I'm not familiar with Macs, but this tutorial seems straightforward.

How to easily share files across mac windows computers once you setup an SMB share you should be able to access that directory/folder within ES Exploer
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote