Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-22-2024, 01:16 PM   #1
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Future Release To-Do Items

We have had a number of threads requesting multiple changes and things. So to prevent my forgetting what I said yes to, I have tried to collect them here.

Sigil To Do List
----------------

1. Update multiline css reformat to add space after a comma in a selector
(See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...52&postcount=9 )
(Done - pushed to master)

2. Consider adding "Use Unicode" to Find & Replace Regex options (*UCP)

We still need feedback from users as to whether this one is worthwhile or not, since using Saved Searches make handling this very easy.

3. Allow groups of selected .smil, .js, and .svg files to be used with Find and Replace (or figure out something for searching multiple text files). Perhaps SelectedText (ST code).

4. Add ability for user to use an environment variable, SIGIL_PREVIEW_TIMEOUT, to change the Preview Timeout within limits of 100 to 10000 (milliseconds).

5. Add in BeckyEbook's code to force focus to CodeView when pressing Find button, even if focus in the Replace field.
(See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=29 )

6. Consider going from 40 clip bar icons max to 60 (from 20 to 30 per clip toolbar). General consensus is that this is not needed but can it hurt?

7. Given Qt6 ability to do renames with just case variations on Windows and macOS,
relax the constraint on single step case only renames.

8. Improve the ability work with epubs with thousands of files using Bulk Rename, Bulk Move, and Bulk Delete to greatly speed things up and reduce memory footprint

9. Register QDockwidgets show/hide toggleActions with the Shortcut Manager

10. Fix long standing bug in ImageTab context menu save-as

11. Add ability to highlight which QDockWidget has focus (controllable by user)

12. Improve tab to shift focus behaviour throughout Sigil for all platforms

If anyone has any other requests over the next few weeks, please let me know.

If I previously said "yes" to someone's request and it is not yet implemented and not on this list, please point me to the thread and I will update this list.

Last edited by KevinH; Yesterday at 12:13 PM.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 10:38 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For those interested in upcoming features, and those who build their own:

I have updated the New Features To-Do List above to mark off things now pushed to master (completed).
Advert
Old 04-05-2024, 11:22 AM   #3
oston
Enthusiast
oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Libra 2
Edit a specific CSS class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
If anyone has any other requests over the next few weeks, please let me know.
There is one feature in Dreamweaver that I would love to see in Sigil.

When in code view, with the cursor within the name of a css class, I can edit the css class within the code view using Ctrl + E.

I thought that there would already be a plugin for this in Sigil but I have not been able to find one.

What I need is the ability to open a mini-editor showing the css class indicated by the positioned cursor, ready for editing.

This feature is really the only reason for still using Dreamweaver. I use Sigil for just about everything else

But to edit a css class in Sigil, I now have to know which stylesheet contains the class, open the stylesheet, and find the class within the stylesheet.

Thanks for considering this.

Jim
oston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 11:51 AM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Right-click on the class name in Code View and select "Go to link or style" from the context menu.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 11:55 AM   #5
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Yep, Sigil has had that feature for quite some time.
Advert
Old 04-05-2024, 01:16 PM   #6
oston
Enthusiast
oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Libra 2
!!@#. MANY thanks for that. Amazing the things you can miss if your explorations are too timid :-)
Jim
oston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 01:20 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Trust me... I still discover things I'd forgotten about (or never knew about) RE Sigil all the time!

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-05-2024 at 02:04 PM.
Old 04-05-2024, 02:49 PM   #8
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Right-click on the class name in Code View and select "Go to link or style" from the context menu.
You can also ctrl-click to get there.
Turtle91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 03:57 PM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
You can also ctrl-click to get there.
Even quicker! But it takes two hands and I'm lazy.
Old 04-07-2024, 12:14 PM   #10
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Updated the To-Do list again.
Old 04-07-2024, 06:45 PM   #11
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've raised these shortcut anomalies previously, but because it was in threads that addressed more substantive issues they've been overlooked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-08 081808.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	207410

I would assign Alt+Shift+C to View Clips, and Alt+Shift+P to View Preview. Default settings wouldn't change of course.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 07:34 PM   #12
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I've raised these shortcut anomalies previously, but because it was in threads that addressed more substantive issues they've been overlooked.

Attachment 207410

I would assign Alt+Shift+C to View Clips, and Alt+Shift+P to View Preview. Default settings wouldn't change of course.

BR
I will investigate doing that for dynamically created QDockWidgets like Preview and Clips (but the current approaches used to register shortcuts for static menus may not work for dynamically build menus) but note this is not a high priority as opening those can be done using the newly added focus menus you can assign a shortcut key to. Only closing them is limited. And so having "esc" close a QDockWidget may be an easier solution.

I will also look to see if there is a way to limit Tab focus shifting to be internal to a QDockWidget as we discussed that as well.

Last edited by KevinH; 04-07-2024 at 07:42 PM.
Old 04-07-2024, 09:00 PM   #13
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I will investigate doing that for dynamically created QDockWidgets like Preview and Clips (but the current approaches used to register shortcuts for static menus may not work for dynamically build menus) but note this is not a high priority as opening those can be done using the newly added focus menus you can assign a shortcut key to. Only closing them is limited. And so having "esc" close a QDockWidget may be an easier solution.

I will also look to see if there is a way to limit Tab focus shifting to be internal to a QDockWidget as we discussed that as well.
Whilst I very much appreciate the fact that giving focus to a window will show a hidden window and then give it focus… other programs I use don't do that I also value the ability to simply show and hide a window without changing focus.

If "…having 'esc' close a QDockWidget may be an easier [for you I assume] solution…" means me using the actual Esc key, then please provide an option to turn any such feature off. I would rather find the mouse and click the close button.

If I can, I often assign Esc to 'Quit the application'. I can't do that in Sigil… which is fine… but if I forget that, and I hit Esc in Sigil it does nothing, which is also fine, but I would not want Esc doing anything else.

Added: if you were to ask me to rank the issues raised here against the issue of Tab shifting focus between windows, I'd probably rank the latter lower. I put that down to BekkyEbook's .qss patch. IMO it should be a built-in preference in all Qt apps… spotting which control has focus is also hard in other Qt based applications I use.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-07-2024 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Added
Old 04-08-2024, 03:36 PM   #14
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Registering even QDockWidget toggleActions with the Shortcut Manager turned out to be quite straightforward.
Old 04-08-2024, 04:44 PM   #15
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Registering even QDockWidget toggleActions with the Shortcut Manager turned out to be quite straightforward.
tks

BR