Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-27-2010, 07:27 PM   #31
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by polossatik View Post
I'm thinking about getting one of these, so decide to have look at the translation stuff here to translate it to Dutch (ill provide the translation later)

one question I have is that will these be included by default in new firmware?

Once you do the translation, you can contact one of the Pocketbook pals here (Forkosigan, mtravellerh) to forward it to the PB people. At any rate, this thread is being watched so I think they'll take care of that themselves.

Also I noticed some typo's in the English:

@Books_empty=Copy your books into device memory or to SD care, and they will appear here
(the next few lines in the en file may also need some re-writing , preferable by a native English speaker)

@3years=3 tears

there is a line without @. is this intended?

No, I corrected it in my Spanish translation too.

@border_large=large
auto=auto

@Hint_dictionary=Hold \25 - list; hold \21 - erase; hold \23 - clear; MENU - choose dic
-> dic? is there a size limit in the menu?
Yes, there is. Concretely, the size of the very screen
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:38 PM   #32
polossatik
TheBigFish
polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: boox note air / pocketbook 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
Yes, there is. Concretely, the size of the very screen
I have no idea of the context where this text is used in (no 302 yet) hence the Q ...
Most screen can display more then one line
polossatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2010, 11:56 PM   #33
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by polossatik View Post
I'm thinking about getting one of these, so decide to have look at the translation stuff here to translate it to Dutch (ill provide the translation later)

one question I have is that will these be included by default in new firmware?

Also I noticed some typo's in the English:

@Books_empty=Copy your books into device memory or to SD care, and they will appear here
(the next few lines in the en file may also need some re-writing , preferable by a native English speaker)

@3years=3 tears

there is a line without @. is this intended?

@border_large=large
auto=auto

@Hint_dictionary=Hold \25 - list; hold \21 - erase; hold \23 - clear; MENU - choose dic
-> dic? is there a size limit in the menu?
There will be an official dutch vendor pretty soon (beginning of june). You will find the dutch version of the firmware on pocketbook.nl in a few days.

Thanks for pointing out the mistakes, I will get them fixed.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:12 AM   #34
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kacir, I was trying to replicate your hacking in order to extract the files for the new firmware and translate the new functions. However, I don't get to summon the keyboard on my PB360 in order to interact with the thing. What keys are to be pressed?
Old 05-29-2010, 10:31 AM   #35
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Kacir, I was trying to replicate your hacking in order to extract the files for the new firmware and translate the new functions. However, I don't get to summon the keyboard on my PB360 in order to interact with the thing. What keys are to be pressed?
put poterm.app in games.
Go to main menu.
Go to applications
start poterm
Read the bottom line on the screen.
OK:Command, up/down: Page up/down, <>: Line up/down, +/-: incr./Decr font
(360 does not have +/- keys, so we can not increase the font size)

Press OK (Center button on D-pad)
now type commands.

Typing commands:
There are some tricks that I discovered relatively recently.
You can edit the line.
Example.
You have typed command cd /hbrmain selected OK on keyboard and PB has informed you that there is no such directory - you made a typo.

You press OK to get to the keyboard again. There is old command on the edit line. But when you start typing, the old command disappears, but you do not want to type the command again. You want just to correct one letter.
So you press up, then up again and you get to the edit line. Now you can press left, left, left, ... until you get with cursor between h and b. Now press down, down, down until you get to the bottom line, select backspace, delete h and use keyboard to type e. When you are finished, go to OK and execute the command.

Please be careful.
When you start poterm you are root. You can do anything. Even delete some important file. Think, double check, be sure what you are doing.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2010, 05:48 PM   #36
Logseman
Orisa

My hacking log is considerably shorter than Kacir's as he had to explore "terra incognita" with poterm, and I just followed his steps:

Code:
$ cd ebrmain
$ cd language
$ cp * /mnt/ext1/
cp: omitting directory 'keyboard'
$ exit
The language files come in the zip file below.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Language Files.zip (161.1 KB, 374 views)
Old 05-29-2010, 06:15 PM   #37
Logseman
Orisa

And here comes the Spanish translation update!
Attached Files
File Type: txt es.txt (26.7 KB, 261 views)
Old 05-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #38
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Thanks Logseman for the updated files.

Here's the greek update. I haven't checked it yet, but as I only added to the old file it should work.

I renamed it to el.txt, as gr.txt seems to be taken for georgian, and he.txt for hebrew...
Attached Files
File Type: txt el.txt (43.4 KB, 366 views)
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:47 PM   #39
Logseman
Orisa

If that gr.txt translation is Georgian, I'm afraid something went wrong with the coding of that file. I can only see white squares everywhere when I put it. The Arabic and Hebrew versions and your Greek one present no trouble though.
Old 05-29-2010, 09:04 PM   #40
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
I opened it with Notepad++ to see what it was, and it looked okay. I did not recognize the characters, so I googled the first word which is the name of the language, and got back Georgian. No idea why it would not display correctly on the pocketbook.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:16 PM   #41
polossatik
TheBigFish
polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.polossatik has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: boox note air / pocketbook 840
Quote:
If that gr.txt translation is Georgian, I'm afraid something went wrong with the coding of that file. I can only see white squares everywhere when I put it. The Arabic and Hebrew versions and your Greek one present no trouble though.
White squares normally mean a missing font, so your system cannot display the characters - but the data is correct in the file.
When using windows, use http://www.unipad.org/main/ , it's the best Unicode editor there is with build in font.
polossatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 05:18 PM   #42
Logseman
Orisa

I think I explained myself poorly. The white squares only appeared in the Pocketbook device itself; I could read them properly in my computer.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:36 AM   #43
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
I think I explained myself poorly. The white squares only appeared in the Pocketbook device itself; I could read them properly in my computer.
That just shows that there wasn't an accurate font installed, I guess.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:24 AM   #44
Logseman
Orisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
That just shows that there wasn't an accurate font installed, I guess.
There were no fonts installed, I just had performed the update
Old 06-02-2010, 03:49 PM   #45
Bookster
Maniac
Bookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enough

Device: Gen3 PRS505&600 Kindle2 Pocketbook360&302 BeBookmini Onyx Boox Opus
Here's the promised Italian translation I hope it will work!

09/06/2010: retested with 302, added some menus from FBreader and could do the FBreader180 soon. Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: txt it.txt (22.9 KB, 294 views)

Last edited by Bookster; 06-14-2010 at 09:44 AM.
Bookster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, pocketbook, translations