Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-23-2010, 08:14 AM   #31
mandyoz
mandyoz began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi to all,

I am in Sydney at the moment but live in Northern NSW.
Its my first time on the forum and finding it very confusing trying to decided on an ereader. Have posted a couple of questions on other forums and I am suffering from information overload. Everytime i think i have made up my mind I read another review. I am a little bit indecisive at the best of times.

I will probably also by overseas but need to do it soon as I am also off travelling soon.
By the look of it you have mostly sony - how have you found them, i am not so good on computers and get a bit lost with all the techno talk. Anyway will try my best
If you can offer any feedback would be appreciated
Thanks,
mandy
mandyoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 07:07 PM   #32
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Yair, Welcome to MR

Tell me about it. Every time you think you find the one you want, some thing else pops up.

If you want a Sony 600. Go to ebay and search worldwide.

Cheers
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2010, 10:16 PM   #33
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420

If your thread gets any larger sneakysnake we may have to request it stickied.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:23 PM   #34
mandyoz
mandyoz began at the beginning.

I seem to have narrowed it down to Bebook Neo which I can see at Dymocks plus they will have hands, on easy access, tech advice and or the Kindle 2 for price and easy use. Plus Amazon does have the market covered with ebook selection.

Its very hard to know what is right
mandyoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 11:49 PM   #35
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm getting a bit bored now. I thought I would bump my old intro thread! Is that naughty?
Advert
Old 10-01-2010, 12:32 AM   #36
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's only "naughty" if you're not also now introducing yourself to other new folk just arrived. That would make you an attention-seeking missile.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:34 AM   #37
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Sometimes its all about me!
Old 10-01-2010, 12:40 AM   #38
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
I think you should add that to your sig'.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:45 AM   #39
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Then there are the good times....
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:46 AM   #40
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Then there are the good times....
Oi! That's rich coming from a medievil dunny!
Old 10-01-2010, 05:38 AM   #41
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to mobileread ....

wait .....

what !

GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:09 AM   #42
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hi and welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 08:48 AM   #43
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Oi! That's rich coming from a medievil dunny!
Just being totally tasteless.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #44
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
I'm getting a bit bored now. I thought I would bump my old intro thread! Is that naughty?
That's devastatingly naughty. Maybe even worse. What are you wearing?

Here, Sneaky! Have a sure cure for boredom.

Pop some bubble-wrap!

http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com/popnow.shtml
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:36 AM   #45
playful
Mammal
playful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Hoping it will help me decide which reader to buy.
Hey SneakySnake,

Greetings from Kyogle, 20ks South of the QLD border!
My lady companion brought the latest Kingle DX 3G back from the States...
We took it camping up to Cairns... It is amazing. It was unreal to download a book wirelessly at two in the morning in the tent in the middle of nowhere!!!
Anyway, we couldn't share anymore, so I ordered one.

I thought Amazon didn't ship internationally and that I would get hassled by customs, but here is the scoop: They do ship the Kindle; they only charge twenty bucks, and they use DHL courier service ... And customs don't hassle you because it's under $1000 (no GST).

For me, it's a no brainer. Huge screen, free 3G... I was tempted to skimp, but I got a $850 dentist bill for 75 minutes of work, and that put things in perspective... It's well worth the 400 bucks.

Wishing you a beautiful week,

Andy
playful is offline   Reply With Quote