Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-31-2010, 04:07 PM   #1
aslterp
aslterp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Pre-ordered book - now shows a different price

On Jan 25, I pre-ordered Kristin Hannah's "Winter Garden" for $8.24. I do not remember the download date but it sometime in February I think.

I was checking my orders and this one is listed in my 'open orders' at this same price. When I click on the link to the item it tells me "the web address is not a functioning page".

When I search for this book it now shows the Kindle price at $16.49 and one area says "sign up to alert me when this is available) another says to be delivered on Feb 2, 2010.

Any clue when I will get the book and what price they will charge me????

I don't like the current wars in the e-book market - just let me READ!

sharon
aslterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 04:14 PM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
That is weird. Usually when I preorder something the only thing that happens is that the price goes down if anything. You should still have the transaction number on your history so I would call Amazon and talk to them. They have always been real good about dealing with my issues.
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2010, 04:26 PM   #3
aslterp

I do have the transaction number. The book is still an open order - just trying to figure out what will happen! I will give them a all later! Thanx!
Old 01-31-2010, 04:28 PM   #4
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
If you have is purchased at the lower price you will get it at the lower price... I am about 99% sure that is what will happen
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 05:27 PM   #5
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Looks like the Kristen Hannah book got overlooked in the great Macmillan purge. It's a St. Martin's book which is a Macmillan imprint, isn't it?
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2010, 06:36 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslterp View Post
On Jan 25, I pre-ordered Kristin Hannah's "Winter Garden" for $8.24. I do not remember the download date but it sometime in February I think.

I was checking my orders and this one is listed in my 'open orders' at this same price. When I click on the link to the item it tells me "the web address is not a functioning page".

When I search for this book it now shows the Kindle price at $16.49 and one area says "sign up to alert me when this is available) another says to be delivered on Feb 2, 2010.

Any clue when I will get the book and what price they will charge me????

I don't like the current wars in the e-book market - just let me READ!

sharon
If you pre-ordered, actually hit the 'pre-order now!" button, you will get it at the price offered at that time. If the price goes down before the book hits, you will get it at the lower price.

I've bought books like this. Oh....and get used to the wars......there is still a ways to go before they figure out people WILL buy ebooks if priced reasonably.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:05 PM   #7
aslterp

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrowley View Post
Looks like the Kristen Hannah book got overlooked in the great Macmillan purge. It's a St. Martin's book which is a Macmillan imprint, isn't it?
I hope I get the book - we shall see - I did check the publisher just did not realize that St. Martin's fell under the Mcmillan umbrella!