Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-27-2021, 06:37 AM   #16
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Thanks to all concerned. I have enough material to tide me through, though more of the same would not be unwelcomed.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 03:04 PM   #17
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
If you can tolerate short stories The Damon Runyon A to Izzard collection is excellent. Many of the short stories are in common background groups. (The Broadway stories, for example.)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2021, 02:50 AM   #18
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, Greg Anos. This rec seems to be excellent.
Old 03-31-2021, 08:59 AM   #19
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
I'm looking for omnibuses for long term reading. I have downloaded the Sherlock Holmes Omnibus, by Doyle (of course), and two compilations by Trollope, The Chronicles of Barsetshire, and The Complete Palliser Novels.

Please, if you have the knowledge, put in the valuable rec that will provide me with hours of reading time. I'm interested in omnibuses of series, not Delphi-esque Complete Works.

Thanks in advance.

Charles Dickens, of course!

Also, look for my good (and lamented [but not passed]) friend Harry's contributions to the Library. One of the most important and intelligent Moderators (ever!) to Mobileread.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 08:24 AM   #20
Luffy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Charles Dickens, of course!

Also, look for my good (and lamented [but not passed]) friend Harry's contributions to the Library. One of the most important and intelligent Moderators (ever!) to Mobileread.
The Trollope books are uploaded courtesy of HarryT. I gave him Karma for either one or both uploads. He did a lot of good work. There are no omnibuses for Dickens though. If there is a Dickens complete life work, I'm not interested in that, for the purposes of my OP.
Advert
Old 04-01-2021, 08:41 AM   #21
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
If you downloaded on of Harry's books you knew it was going to be well done.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 08:49 AM   #22
Luffy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
If you downloaded on of Harry's books you knew it was going to be well done.
Apache
I would have given a lot to see him clean up and upload LoTR. Time either for him or for me, is not on our side.
Old 04-01-2021, 12:16 PM   #23
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The Trollope books are uploaded courtesy of HarryT. I gave him Karma for either one or both uploads. He did a lot of good work. There are no omnibuses for Dickens though. If there is a Dickens complete life work, I'm not interested in that, for the purposes of my OP.
I don't know if you are aware of it - if so, please ignore this suggestion - but calibre has a plugin that allows one to combine epubs into one book. If Harry did not create an omnibus, then you are (of course) free to do so. I've done this many times with different books by the same author.

Old 04-01-2021, 12:16 PM   #24
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I would have given a lot to see him clean up and upload LoTR. Time either for him or for me, is not on our side.
Not in the public domain, I believe.
Old 04-01-2021, 12:29 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Not in the public domain, I believe.
LoTR will in the public domain be in just over 22 years.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 12:37 PM   #26
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Thanks, Jon.
Old 04-03-2021, 10:52 AM   #27
Luffy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Will it? I thought it would be true only for Fellowship of the Rings.
Old 04-03-2021, 10:53 AM   #28
Luffy
Wizard

Quote:
I don't know if you are aware of it - if so, please ignore this suggestion - but calibre has a plugin that allows one to combine epubs into one book. If Harry did not create an omnibus, then you are (of course) free to do so. I've done this many times with different books by the same author.

I didn't know that. What I don't know about Calibre can fill a book in itself. Thank you. I know you're not allowed to guide me through completely but I'll google the necessary info.
Old 04-03-2021, 06:25 PM   #29
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
I didn't know that. What I don't know about Calibre can fill a book in itself. Thank you. I know you're not allowed to guide me through completely but I'll google the necessary info.
You can’t get help here with DRM removal, but there are no restrictions on help with Calibre. And in this case, with DRM-free books, there’s no issue at all.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 02:48 AM   #30
Luffy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
You can’t get help here with DRM removal, but there are no restrictions on help with Calibre. And in this case, with DRM-free books, there’s no issue at all.
Well I think I figured it quickly. But it's a feature I'll hardly need. Thank you for ironing out the issue.