Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 08-30-2023, 08:38 PM   #31
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by willemml View Post
I have tested editing annotations and it works.
As far as I know you are the first to announce an ability to write to these files.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 01:56 AM   #32
willemml
willemml is an accomplished Snipe hunter.willemml is an accomplished Snipe hunter.willemml is an accomplished Snipe hunter.willemml is an accomplished Snipe hunter.willemml is an accomplished Snipe hunter.willemml is an accomplished Snipe hunter.willemml is an accomplished Snipe hunter.willemml is an accomplished Snipe hunter.willemml is an accomplished Snipe hunter.willemml is an accomplished Snipe hunter.willemml is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Post Small update (lib accessibility)

I have now split the repo into two libraries, one provides the file definitions while the other provides the methods for serializing and deserializing. There is documentation in the file definition repo for the fields that are "known". If I missed anything let me know (either here or make an issue, or even better a PR.)

File definitions:
https://github.com/willemml/kindle_formats-rs

Serializer and deserializer (read and write to KRDS files):
https://github.com/willemml/serde_krds

(This is just a small update on what I am doing. There is no functionality added, although now these libraries are published on crates.io (ser/de, definitions) and serde_krds conforms to the Serde data format crate conventions.
willemml is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2023, 03:15 PM   #33
paulequilibrio
paulequilibrio began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by willemml View Post
I have now split the repo into two libraries, one provides the file definitions while the other provides the methods for serializing and deserializing. There is documentation in the file definition repo for the fields that are "known". If I missed anything let me know (either here or make an issue, or even better a PR.)

File definitions:
https://github.com/willemml/kindle_formats-rs

Serializer and deserializer (read and write to KRDS files):
https://github.com/willemml/serde_krds

(This is just a small update on what I am doing. There is no functionality added, although now these libraries are published on crates.io (ser/de, definitions) and serde_krds conforms to the Serde data format crate conventions.
First of all, thank you so much for doing this!

I'm not a Rust developer, I've already tried cargo build but I believe it's not creating an executable that I can run. Could you add some instructions on how to use your code to the REAMED file in the repository?

Last edited by paulequilibrio; 11-06-2023 at 03:17 PM.
paulequilibrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2023, 04:54 PM   #34
willemml
willemml is an accomplished Snipe hunter.willemml is an accomplished Snipe hunter.willemml is an accomplished Snipe hunter.willemml is an accomplished Snipe hunter.willemml is an accomplished Snipe hunter.willemml is an accomplished Snipe hunter.willemml is an accomplished Snipe hunter.willemml is an accomplished Snipe hunter.willemml is an accomplished Snipe hunter.willemml is an accomplished Snipe hunter.willemml is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulequilibrio View Post
First of all, thank you so much for doing this!

I'm not a Rust developer, I've already tried cargo build but I believe it's not creating an executable that I can run. Could you add some instructions on how to use your code to the REAMED file in the repository?
These are libraries, not executables, I created these so it would be easier to create binary programs in the future. There are tests that can be run (using cargo test) but other than that this is purely a library.
willemml is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
krds